Animation Settings

Started by PMM2, March 14, 2016, 11:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMM2

Hello and good morning guys,

I have a question about the animation settings .

You can not always use the same settings , no matter what material and what geometry ?

I have an animation this takes max . 40SEK . consisting of 7 components . The animation is to show how the components are assembled . To render this animation needs with the default settings ( Sh . Annex ) for a clean, well -resolution result more like 3 days ago. Continuous operation ! :o :o :o

I have the time stopped in real-time rendering , how long it takes until a picture expanded . And I realized KeyShot need 5min until this Geoemtrie ( Sh . Annex , Figure 1) is shown clean.

Is not there a rule of thumb , for the settings of animation , regardless of geometry , what material and how many components are present . And the animation is still rendered well and quickly ?

One does not always have the time , an animation the SEC . takes a long time to render days . :-X :-[ ::)

Thank you in anticipation! 8) ;D for the answer:)

Esben Oxholm

Hi PMM2

If your real-time rendering is clean after 5 minutes, you can chose the 'max time' render setting and go for 5 minutes pr. frame.

You can also, in the real-time view, show your 'heads up display' and note the amount of samples when the image is clean.
Use that number if your are using the 'max samples' rendering method. This would be useful if you are rendering out a resolution different to your real-time view.

PMM2

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 15, 2016, 01:14:47 AM
Hi PMM2

If your real-time rendering is clean after 5 minutes, you can chose the 'max time' render setting and go for 5 minutes pr. frame.

You can also, in the real-time view, show your 'heads up display' and note the amount of samples when the image is clean.
Use that number if your are using the 'max samples' rendering method. This would be useful if you are rendering out a resolution different to your real-time view.

Hey Esben Oxholm,

thank you for the quick answer !!

;DWhen i make 5min pr. frame the animation need 150std. :o

where I see how many samples he doing? in real-time mode ?

Esben Oxholm

Not sure what you mean by 150std?

Animations do take a long time to render, hence the many frames. There really is (as far as I know) no trick to bring down the render time while maintaining a high quality. If it takes your computer 5 minutes to render 1 frame to the needed quality, then it will take (roughly) 150 minutes to render 1 second of animation (30fps). 

To make it shorter you'll have to decrease the quality/resolution or get yourself a faster computer :)
Alternatively you can outsource the actual rendering to a service like http://www.3dotp.com//

Yup, pressing H on your keyboard will bring up the 'heads up display'

PMM2

sorry 150st was "denglisch"  ;D

look the Annex " Render_2016_03_15-28-35" for 5min pr. frame i have  :o ups 250 h ....

We have CAD Computer (normaly it is faster), but i work on CAD Programm and render with Keyshot at one a computer and a server . maybe it is this the problem? Is Keyshot so smart?

I have test it "Yup, pressing H on your keyboard will bring up the 'heads up display'" :) Look Annex: Keyshot6.1 pro.png.

Could it perhaps be that the module has a fault ?

Esben Oxholm

Are you sure the animation is only 40 seconds?
If it is, the total time with 5 minutes pr. frame would be 5 (minutes pr. frame) x 30 (fps) x 40 (seconds) = 6.000 minutes = 100 Hours.

I don't think that the setup is a problem. 5 minutes pr. frame sounds pretty fine in my ears. It just adds up with all those frames needed to create the animation.

PMM2

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 15, 2016, 08:01:46 AM
Are you sure the animation is only 40 seconds?
If it is, the total time with 5 minutes pr. frame would be 5 (minutes pr. frame) x 30 (fps) x 40 (seconds) = 6.000 minutes = 100 Hours.

I don't think that the setup is a problem. 5 minutes pr. frame sounds pretty fine in my ears. It just adds up with all those frames needed to create the animation.

I Have it :)

So i render the animation in max. sample and i choose 100 proben . The Animation looks very good. The timeline to finished the Animation was 6h / 30ยด.

Thanks you so mutch for the help.

LayC42

(I translate the last post)
100 Proben means 100 samples (in a German UI setting)

there are several ways to decrease render time.
Try to use fast materials, use light from an environment instead of physical light. You can use a separate samples settings as a parameter from the material, so you can reduce the global sample value.

(As well you can ask me via PM and we can talk in German if this would help to understand)