Quickly change label colour

Started by matthuds, March 15, 2016, 04:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthuds

I've just started using the Material Graph and am wondering if there is a quick way to change the colour of basic labels to different pantones using the Colour Adjust tile? Kind of like a Colour Overlay adjustment layer in photoshop. All I can find is the Blend With Colour option.

soren

Try with color composite. It has many of the same blending options as photoshop.

/Søren

matthuds

A little more detail would be useful? I have been trying colour composite and colour adjust but don't seem to be able to get the right results.

Finema

Hi
You can use : Color Key Mask Utility Node
in this tutorial at 42 min : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5umbUNOT6HI

matthuds

Thanks. I had seen that method, I just wondered if I was missing a simpler way.

Would it be possible to copy that effect to other labels and link the label colour material so all labels would change colour, but base materials could be different?

bdesign

Hey matthuds-

I'm not sure if this is the effect you are wanting to achieve, but here is an example material graph node network with three different base material labels (metal, plastic, and paint) over an advanced material. The label texture maps are all basic white .png/.jpg files (two of which are also used as opacity maps for their respective label materials, as they do not have transparent backgrounds), each is plugged in to the Color parameter of an Color Adjust node, and these three Color Adjust nodes are plugged into the Color/Diffuse parameters of the three label materials. An fourth Color Adjust node is plugged into the Colorize parameter of the other three, with its Color parameter acting as the master color switcher for all the labels. To change label colors, just drag and drop your desired PANTONE color from the swatches in the Library onto the Color box of the master Color Adjust node. Again, not sure if this is exactly what you're going for, but hope it is helpful.

Eric