Main Menu

Practice Renders

Started by ajilopez, March 21, 2016, 04:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajilopez

Doing some materials testing over the weekend. Not happy with the metallic yellow I made. :/

ajilopez

Euro or JDM? :)

TpwUK

So far i prefer your last image :)

Martin

ajilopez

ajilopez

Just trying to emulate master Tim. Ended up playing around too much. XD

TpwUK

Nothing wrong with playing, it's the best way to learn :)

Martin

ajilopez

True that Martin. :)

Arn

Quote from: ajilopez on April 15, 2016, 02:35:33 AM
True that Martin. :)
The difference between the first one and this one is obvious. Here the paint looks a lot less flat, while other details are nicely presented too. The only minor issue I see is that the front wheel looks a little odd (either too light or too tucked in), but it still is a very nice render. Easily the best one yet from a technical point of view, if you ask me.

ajilopez

Thanks Arn. :) I don't quite get what you mean about the front wheels though. The front wheels are actuallt at an angle of 15 deg to the left, it's not straight. Maybe that's why it looks tucked in. :)

ajilopez

Arn

Quote from: ajilopez on April 15, 2016, 11:50:08 PM
I don't quite get what you mean about the front wheels though. The front wheels are actuallt at an angle of 15 deg to the left, it's not straight. Maybe that's why it looks tucked in. :)
The slight angle does not help, I agree. Of course, when creating presentation shots, being accurate is not enough. As the wonderful Feher discussed in his webinar, you need to make sure lines do not intersect in a strange fashion, or that the visual flow gets disrupted by how the perspective pans out. If it is accurate, though distracting, going for another set-up is probably a better idea :)

I really like the paint on new one too. It seems you are really getting the hang of it :) There are some minor issues, like the angular tailpipe, but you need to look quite hard.

ajilopez

Thanks for the tips Arn. I'll keep that in mind. :)

ajilopez

Thanks for the feature on Keyshot's Facebook page. :)

Josh3D

The raindrops are a nice touch, but a pattern kind of emerges after a little bit of looking at it.

JQuid

very very very good!
gratz!