Problems with absolute camera settings

Started by Nicklas Holmgren, March 28, 2016, 01:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicklas Holmgren

I am having a problem that seems weird to me.

I have two separate scenes, one with a static camera looking down into a barrel. This scene is massive due to imported particle dynamics and takes roughly 3 hours to open off an SSD.

So because of that, I have a separate scene that will have a camera animation - which ends in the exact same camera perspective as the dynamics scene. This in order to be able to stitch the two animations together without any visible transition. The problem I am having is that I cannot get the camera in the camera-animation scene to find the same perspective as the one in the dynamics scene. It's pretty important that they match perfectly in this case.

In the camera animation scene I started with a camera, I checked the the difference between the start and end positions (end position being the absolute numbers of the dynamics camera) and entered them in a Translation camera animation. The camera after the animation ends offset several meters along all axis. Scene scale, object scale and object positions are identical across the two scenes. The only thing I can think of is that whatever part I originally used for "Look At" to help position the camera in the first place is somehow causing this. And that is a factor that I cannot access or animate.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but shouldn't matching the exact same Absolute position and direction values result in the same camera position and direction?

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Keyshot 4.3 Pro