AVI format as texture? i mean animated texture

Started by Sam Kurd, January 28, 2015, 04:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Kurd

hey Guys
i'm just creating a UI on a device and would like to have my animated UI as a texture .. so that I can animate the model in Keyshot ...
I should tell that the UI contains transparency, so that I will need a file format that can hold that transparency info like png or tiff sequence or even the better one AVI format

it would be great if u guys tell me how can I do it in keyshot

guest84672

It can't be done. We are looking into it for KeyShot 6.

Sam Kurd

thanks for your reply
is there any chance you tell me when that version is out?

BaZZ

Not absolutely so. In KeyShot 6.1 Pro as I, have material: Light/Emissive White (for example). And in properties there is his Intensity parameter where there is an opportunity to load the card. I tried to throw GIF animation. She is loaded, but isn't reproduced.

BaZZ

The question is in how to force it to work? The similar way perfectly works in 3D MAX. But render in KeyShot is pleasant to me more.

LayC42

I'm sure, if you have the single frames of that clip, that there will be a way to render that. This would include a script.
- device with material applied
- load first movie frame file as a color texture
- render first animation frame
- and then render every single frame with the next movie frame

Just a few thoughts

TpwUK

Quote from: LayC42 on April 09, 2016, 01:47:47 AM
I'm sure, if you have the single frames of that clip, that there will be a way to render that. This would include a script.
- device with material applied
- load first movie frame file as a color texture
- render first animation frame
- and then render every single frame with the next movie frame

Just a few thoughts

I can confirm that frames from an animation can be used via scripting as i used this method for creating an animated background during the beta phase.

Martin

BaZZ

TpwUK, not really I understand your thought. It is possible in more detail? It is more than information?

TpwUK

Quote from: BaZZ on April 11, 2016, 01:49:13 AM
TpwUK, not really I understand your thought. It is possible in more detail? It is more than information?

If you have a tool that can extract the single frames from an animation, you can then use those frames via scripting (or manually if you have the patience). Where-ever there is a swatch that can take a bitmap image you can use them to accept one new image per frame, thus giving the classic rotoscoping effect. So even though those swatches or even the backplate can not take animated GIFS or AVI files directly, as long as you can save each frame as a still, those stills can then be used within KeyShot 6+ to achieve your goals.

https://www.facebook.com/Tpwuk/videos/1668441246710606/ as an example of animated backplate in action, only 3 seconds but it works.

Martin

BaZZ

It is a pity that there are no other options. The idea doesn't seem difficult to realize it in the KeyShot program. It is necessary to do it in 3D max so far.