Get rid of gray

Started by Philipp Meyer, April 06, 2016, 02:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philipp Meyer

Hey,

is there any possibility to get rid of the gray when the object went into the back side?
I can't find any possible setting - even in a total white Environment my color grays out.

Does there any material or render setting exists for?

Thank you very much.

Philipp

Esben Oxholm

Hi Philipp.
What are your material settings?

Philipp Meyer

Hey Esben,

Material Type is "Metal"
Color is Red: 237 Green 218 Blue 97
Roughness (Rauheit): 0,05

Thank you

Esben Oxholm

When you have an object with a shiny material in a white/grey environment, the color will naturally fade due to the reflection of the grey/white environment.

There are some workarounds:
1. If you have acces to the HDRI-editor, you can create a HDRI using colored pins.
2. Change the material type to 'advanced' and play with the specular color. See image below.

However, keep in mind that the fading of the color is actually contributes to perceive the material as shiny.
If you dont want the object to be shiny then you should crank up the roughness which also will help to get rid of the fading.

Best,

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 06, 2016, 04:34:09 AM
When you have an object with a shiny material in a white/grey environment, the color will naturally fade due to the reflection of the grey/white environment.

There are some workarounds:
1. If you have acces to the HDRI-editor, you can create a HDRI using colored pins.
2. Change the material type to 'advanced' and play with the specular color. See image below.

However, keep in mind that the fading of the color actually contributes to the perception of the material being shiny.
If you dont want the object to be shiny then you should crank up the roughness which also will help to get rid of the fading.

Best,

Philipp Meyer

Hi Esben,

thank you very much for your really quick reply.

I will give the 'advanced' material type a try. I found a setting where it really gets a good metal touch. And the gray is gone, too.

Philipp