Need better metal effect

Started by nirmall, February 27, 2016, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirmall

Hello everyone, glad to be in a forum of render experts, and hope to learn from here.

I have started doing renders of jewelry images and use photoshop for the same, but am not able to get
the desired effect for metal. Have attached one of the images which i am working on.
One of my friend told me about keyshot. So thought forum would be the right place to start before i make the purchase
Can anyone please tell me how to get a better and more realistic metal effect??

DMerz III

Do you have a reference of what you're looking for as a target. I think this is looking pretty good so far, just wondering what  you're looking to improve, maybe we can help with suggestions. Personally, I use the Metallic Paint shader  more often than I use the Metal shader. You have a little more perimeters to work with there.

Also lighting will go a long way here, when you have something highly reflective like polished metal, you need your lights optimized in order to get the desired effect. Are you using a stock HDR or using your own pins in the HDRI editor

nirmall

Hi, thanks for your reply, actually this is what i had given to one of my clients but he sent me another file with effects, so was wondering how i could do it?