Rodentia Manual Manipulator

Started by Speedster, November 25, 2016, 01:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

A lazy day after Thanksgiving (which was also my 70th birthday!) so I decided to revisit my old SteamPunk Agustus Leroy's Rodentia Manual Manipulator for the Babbage Difference Engine of 1823, which I did way back in KeyShot 2.  This is now in KeyShot 6.

FYI- The Babbage was the world's first computer, if you don't count the famous Antikythera Mechanism, likely made in Greece around 100 BC.  Babbage designed two types of computers, the "Difference Engine" and the "Analytical Engine".  It was eleven feet long, weighed five tons, and was comprised of over 8000 parts!  A partial reconstruction is in the Computer Science Museum in Palo Alto, and one in the London Science Museum.

I figured the poor guy that programmed it need something to occupy his otherwise idle mouse hand...

Agustus Leroy is my SteamPunk nom-de-plum, misspelled on purpose.

Bill G

Arian Shamil

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bill!
and great render too!
I like it!
Cheers
Arian

NM-92

Happy birthday ! I think the brass parts (i think they are brass) are too clean compared to the body. I'd add some rough textures to them.

Esben Oxholm

Ha - cool design!

Looks like the body maybe could use some bump-mapping and some lights in the lmb and rmb would look awesome!

Happy B-day!  8)

LayC42

Magnus Skogsfjord

I like it! I don't know if it needs much roughing up in my opinion. Maybe some subtleness on the metal, but the transparent rough layer (as it looks like to me) is neat! Definitely a clean SteamPunked design.

Edit: Woah, and happy birthday of course!

Will Gibbons

Happy birthday Bill! I dig the material on those castors!

bdesign

Super cool, Bill! I really dig the title of the piece :) And...Happy Belated Birthday!

Cheers,
Eric

Josh3D

A late happy birthday as well Bill! Some great material on this one!