Laerdal Medical - Equipment

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, April 25, 2016, 12:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hello,

Just recently had a freeform modeling workshop with Laerdal Medical on the west coast of Norway. And of course, I had to use KeyShot to show how they could utilize their models for visual purposes.

The first guy (TTH - Thomas Selct Tube Holder) was a concept designed by one of  their industrial designers, which is a "tube holder for secure insertion into the trachea or oesophagus to reduce the risk of accidental extubation." In other words, keeping tubes securely down in the throat to maintain open airways.

The last guy (pelvis => not related to any of their current products) is simply a concept I modeled up quickly to demonstrate NX Realize Shape, kind of a cross between industrial design and reverse engineering.

Hope you like it.

NM-92

Being this medical equipment, isn't it almost the only time when we look for perfectión in an image and little imperfections (bumps, irregularities) gives us , a bad look ? Please don't take it Like a straightforward crític, it's kind of a question on product communication. Sorry if i expressed incorrectly.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on April 25, 2016, 02:04:09 AM
Being this medical equipment, isn't it almost the only time when we look for perfectión in an image and little imperfections (bumps, irregularities) gives us , a bad look ? Please don't take it Like a straightforward crític, it's kind of a question on product communication. Sorry if i expressed incorrectly.

Nono, absolutely. Those are fair questions. And I agree with your views. If this was supposed to be final product shots, I would have gone for an entirely different look (similar to the arguments you present). However, being that it was in the context of a workshop (demonstrations of software capabilities), I wanted to make it as visually impressive as I could manage. So, I guess it's closer to art than it is product shots.

BTW: Constructive feedback is always welcome:)

Will Gibbons

Man, the color choices on that top image really work well together imo. Great rendering.

Esben Oxholm

Looking great, Magnus... but how big is this?

Is the strap supposed to go around a neck? or an arm?
It is a bit hard to tell from the floor texture what the scale is... maybe you could add something recognisable to the scene.
A tiny detail, but would at least help me to read the product better :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on April 25, 2016, 06:55:01 AM
Man, the color choices on that top image really work well together imo. Great rendering.

Well, the color choices are not my doing, so I won't take credit for that. Thanks though:)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 25, 2016, 11:02:31 AM
Looking great, Magnus... but how big is this?

Is the strap supposed to go around a neck? or an arm?
It is a bit hard to tell from the floor texture what the scale is... maybe you could add something recognisable to the scene.
A tiny detail, but would at least help me to read the product better :)

Valid point, Esben. I'll throw in a banana for scale. But no, you are quite right, it's hard to get any feel of the size. Since it's going around the head/neck, it would maybe be a good solution to throw in a dummy head there. Might be hard to find something that fits perfectly to the geometry though. Thank you for the feedback!

Esben Oxholm

Haha +1 for the banana.

I guess for the purpose of this rendering it is not needed. I was just curious and had a hard time to tell the size :)