My lighting become blue, this is crazy...

Started by Libellso, April 27, 2016, 03:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libellso

Hello!

I made many pictures with the same settings for lighting without any problem but suddenly, my lighting (not all of it, just a part of my picture) is become blue...
I have changed the IES Lights, I have imported my lights again, but it doesn't change anything.

And it's not the first time, I already had this problem before with an other file.

I don't have change my settings at all between two rendering.
This come from nowhere...

Someone can help me please?

Thank you in advance! :)

Chad Holton

Hello,

Not sure what may be causing it. What version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.0.123)?

Chad

Libellso

Quote from: Chad Holton on April 27, 2016, 05:50:22 AM
Hello,

Not sure what may be causing it. What version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.0.123)?

Chad

Hello Chad,

I'm using the 5.0 Pro.

bdesign

Quote from: Libellso on April 27, 2016, 03:47:06 AM
I don't have change my settings at all between two rendering.
This come from nowhere...
This appears to be a reflection, not a lighting issue. You can see this blue reflecting in the frosted glass door, the edge of the glass in the foreground, and the edge of the gold metal side of the tabletop. When toggling between the two renders, the overall reflections move by a few degrees- did you rotate the environment, even slightly? Sometimes it only takes a few degrees change to make a substantial difference. Can you share the scene?

Eric

Libellso

[/quote]
Can you share the scene?

[/quote]

Sure, can I have your e-mail adress please? The file is very heavy...

Thank you

bdesign

Upload it to File Dropper (filedropper.com)? Free, 5GB capacity, no registration required.

Libellso

Quote from: bdesign on April 27, 2016, 06:37:06 AM
Upload it to File Dropper (filedropper.com)? Free, 5GB capacity, no registration required.

Thank you in advance for your return.

bdesign

Ok, I've figured it out and...this is one of the stranger issues I've yet seen. The problem occurs with a particular material when you enable Global Illumination in this scene. The artwork model on the wall inside the room behind the frosted glass doors is emanating the bluish purple color. The plane has a Paint material applied, with a texture mapped Color. You have the Brightness value of the texture map set at 1.8, which is blowing it out, over-saturating the bounce light from Global Illumination, causing the tint. I set the Brightness value to 1, and all is good. Oddly, this only happens if the material type is set to Paint or Metallic Paint. If changed to any other material type, the tint doesn't occur, even with the higher Brightness value. Perhaps this is a bug (?). I've attached some screen shots.

Eric

Libellso

Quote from: bdesign on April 27, 2016, 09:48:38 AM
Ok, I've figured it out and...this is one of the stranger issues I've yet seen. The problem occurs with a particular material when you enable Global Illumination in this scene. The artwork model on the wall inside the room behind the frosted glass doors is emanating the bluish purple color. The plane has a Paint material applied, with a texture mapped Color. You have the Brightness value of the texture map set at 1.8, which is blowing it out, over-saturating the bounce light from Global Illumination, causing the tint. I set the Brightness value to 1, and all is good. Oddly, this only happens if the material type is set to Paint or Metallic Paint. If changed to any other material type, the tint doesn't occur, even with the higher Brightness value. Perhaps this is a bug (?). I've attached some screen shots.

Eric

Thank you Eric to have checked my file.
So, I changed the material and it's ok, it's really weird...

bdesign

You're welcome, Libellso. It is weird. I think perhaps this is a bug.

Eric

Chad Holton

Thanks for checking out this one, Eric. Downloading now and will report it.

Chad

bdesign