Random Renderings (+ An apple a day)

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 28, 2016, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DriesV on May 25, 2016, 12:08:35 PM
That burger is so... whimsical. Loving it! :D
Could serve as a commercial for McD's when Independence Day is released next month. ;)

Dries

"Independence Day, The Big Mac Attacks"

Magnus Skogsfjord

I love these shorties! Hope I'll get a chance to pursue this technique.

Esben Oxholm

Had fun yesterday in KeyShot with this model by Will Gibbons.
Lit by a HDRI, IES-light from behind and a spherical area light inside the 'tube'.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Finema

Really good job Esben!
What kind of HDRI have you used ?
Thanks

Esben Oxholm

Thanks Finema.

The HDRI turned out quite simple:

Finema

NM-92

Well, you keep surprising me with the complexity of your materials. It blows my mind.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: NM-92 on June 09, 2016, 10:09:34 AM
Well, you keep surprising me with the complexity of your materials. It blows my mind.
Thanks, I guess :) I'm not actively striving for complexity, but always seem to end up with something like this. It might be possible to do in a simpler way.

Anyway, here's another one. The idea was to have the figure as a simple translucent material, but as I played around in the material graph I got the idea of a worn painted glass material and had to try it out. Let me know what you think.
Model from threedscans.com.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Both of these are really awesome Esben, but that's a given of course.

I had to study the last one a bit, as I was struggling a wee bit with the damaged paint, as it seemed like there was no underlying material within the damaged area, leaving an infinitely thin shell miraculously standing upright. However, I see now that you have this red-ish material beneath:) It might benefit with slightly less translucent underlying material(?) Not sure if you see my point though.

Despot

Love the futuristic dumbbell and the chipped paint is awesome !!

Would love to play with the material ;)

KeyShot

Very cool material indeed! Impressive mastery of the material graph!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on June 10, 2016, 06:33:42 AM
Both of these are really awesome Esben, but that's a given of course.

I had to study the last one a bit, as I was struggling a wee bit with the damaged paint, as it seemed like there was no underlying material within the damaged area, leaving an infinitely thin shell miraculously standing upright. However, I see now that you have this red-ish material beneath:) It might benefit with slightly less translucent underlying material(?) Not sure if you see my point though.
Thanks, Magnus. Haha, then you should see all the stuff I don't publish ;)
Yeah, I can see what you mean. Good point.

Quote from: Despot on June 11, 2016, 02:20:59 AM
Love the futuristic dumbbell and the chipped paint is awesome !!
Would love to play with the material ;)
Thanks a lot! You can go ahead and download the KSP with the statue here: https://gum.co/hPQFQ

Go ahead and play all you want :)

Quote from: KeyShot on June 11, 2016, 03:26:14 PM
Very cool material indeed! Impressive mastery of the material graph!
Thanks!

Despot

Yes, but you can only play if you have KeyShot 6.2 Beta I think ;), I rolled back to KeyShot 6.1 and this file doesn't wanna open...

J

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Despot on June 13, 2016, 12:58:53 PM
Yes, but you can only play if you have KeyShot 6.2 Beta I think ;), I rolled back to KeyShot 6.1 and this file doesn't wanna open...
Hmm... sounds a bit weird. Is KeyShot 6.2 files not backwards compatible with KS 6.1?

Anyway, did some caustic experimentation today.
Setup is basically a sphere applied a gem material with a bump map, lit by one IES lights from behind.

Finema