Random Renderings (+ An apple a day)

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 28, 2016, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

these shots prove that minimal shots can be really awesome and there is no need to make your scene with a lot of different geometries!
well done esben!

Will Gibbons

I love the momentum man!

NM-92

I think everyone already said what i had in mind so i'll just throw my +1 and congrats :D

Finema

very good work Esben, as always.....

Esben Oxholm

Thank you so much, all! Very much appreciated!

Here are two shots I did the other day.
Wanted to create two different looks using the same model and materials. Model from GrabCad.

Josh3D

I think you succeeded Esben. Looks incredible!

bdesign

Looks awesome, Esben! Especially like the warm/cool one. Your shots always have such great lighting setups.

Cheers,
Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

I feel I am repeating myself in this thread, but you so deserve a +1 for every image you post here. I just wanted to point that out. That building and the headphones are fantastic. Another +1 (=+2) for the minimalism and softness you got going on lately. Looks so great.

Despot

I'm with Eric, loving the contra warm/cool one, digging the subtle light hits you've got going on as well :)

Esben Oxholm

I, like Magnus, also feels like repeating myself with yet another huge 'thank you' for commenting. It is, as mentioned before, much appreciated.
Please let me know if you've got any critics/questions.

Here's a new one. My first serious attempt at a car studio shot. Model from grabcad: https://grabcad.com/library/crk-electra-mk-x
I could really use some feedback on the lighting. Spend a lot of time shifting pins around, but really never got satisfied. I couldn't find any obvious places to put down the sharp reflections on this one. Let me know what you would have done :)

NM-92

Hello Esben. Looks great ! Specially the lights. My best results in automotive rendering were achieved with area lights in an enclosed modeled box studio. Depending on how you manage the intensity and position of the lights you'll get sharp reflections. I have a modeled studio that i used for my previows renders if you'd like to try. Let me know and i'll upload the .ksp or .obj. 

Cheers !

TyRuben

So much awesomeness... Inspired.

nicordf

Your renderings!! They keep surpirising me every single time. Amazing works as always bro!

DriesV

The car looks cool, Esben.
My only gripe would be that it looks a bit flat on the front. I think you are loosing a bit of shape definition, due to a slight lack of contrast. It seems like the front faces almost blend into the side.

Also, I do think this would look cool with some sharp specular reflections. :)

Dries

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: NM-92 on August 03, 2016, 06:07:49 AM
Hello Esben. Looks great ! Specially the lights. My best results in automotive rendering were achieved with area lights in an enclosed modeled box studio. Depending on how you manage the intensity and position of the lights you'll get sharp reflections. I have a modeled studio that i used for my previows renders if you'd like to try. Let me know and i'll upload the .ksp or .obj. 
Cheers !
Sure, I would like to try that! Thanks. It is also possible to get sharp reflections with the HDRI, but it might be easier with the planes. Any suggestion on where to place the sharp lines on this model? I tried to place one along the side, but I'm not sure it's working.

Quote from: TyRuben on August 06, 2016, 07:29:04 AM
So much awesomeness... Inspired.
Thanks!

Quote from: nicordf on August 10, 2016, 01:11:14 AM
Your renderings!! They keep surpirising me every single time. Amazing works as always bro!
I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks for the support!

Quote from: DriesV on August 10, 2016, 10:22:30 AM
The car looks cool, Esben.
My only gripe would be that it looks a bit flat on the front. I think you are loosing a bit of shape definition, due to a slight lack of contrast. It seems like the front faces almost blend into the side.
Also, I do think this would look cool with some sharp specular reflections. :)
Dries
Thanks, mate! I hear you. Any ideas where to place the sharp lines? I tried to add one along the side but I'm not sure it's optimal.