Random Renderings (+ An apple a day)

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 28, 2016, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Here it goes. I've split the surfaces for you, so all the walls can function as lights if you wish or be textured individually. Ceiling has some insets where lights can be applied too. I normally use this with an all black HDRI, and sometimes i add a backdrop ramp inside as well. I usually duplicate some of the planes if i need to highlight any specific spot. Hope it helps !

nicordf

Quote from: NM-92 on August 11, 2016, 01:46:31 PM
Here it goes. I've split the surfaces for you, so all the walls can function as lights if you wish or be textured individually. Ceiling has some insets where lights can be applied too. I normally use this with an all black HDRI, and sometimes i add a backdrop ramp inside as well. I usually duplicate some of the planes if i need to highlight any specific spot. Hope it helps !

That file is gold!!! Use it wisely;)

Esben Oxholm

Thanks a lot NM-92. Very kind of you.
It's great, but didn't manage to create anything serious with it, yet :)

Quote from: nicordf on August 11, 2016, 03:22:21 PM

That file is gold!!! Use it wisely;)
Haha, I will!

A few new renderings (Mouse model from grabcad and Lamp from http://sorenrose.com/download-3d):

Arian Shamil

That lamp.........A M A Z I N G  :o
I really love it!

Despot

Agreed... the lamp is a thing of elegant beauty :)

Finema

beautiful work and details in textures
+1 for the lamp  ;)

bdesign

Superior work, Esben. I love how you usually add a bit of particulate matter to your renderings...really makes the realism pop :)

Cheers,
Eric

DMerz III

Yes good point on that Eric, love the specs of 'dust'.

Esben, what is your usual process for adding that detail, is it post? is it a label with an opacity channel tied to the camera perspective?
Maybe you've shared this somewhere else, apologies if this question is redundant.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Arian Shamil on September 07, 2016, 09:14:38 AM
That lamp.........A M A Z I N G  :o
I really love it!
Quote from: Despot on September 07, 2016, 01:33:50 PM
Agreed... the lamp is a thing of elegant beauty :)
Quote from: Finema on September 07, 2016, 08:50:53 PM
beautiful work and details in textures
+1 for the lamp  ;)
Quote from: bdesign on September 07, 2016, 09:08:35 PM
Superior work, Esben. I love how you usually add a bit of particulate matter to your renderings...really makes the realism pop :)
Cheers,
Eric
Thank you so MUCH, guys. Really appreciated.

Quote from: dmerziii on September 09, 2016, 08:54:12 AM
Yes good point on that Eric, love the specs of 'dust'.
Esben, what is your usual process for adding that detail, is it post? is it a label with an opacity channel tied to the camera perspective?
Maybe you've shared this somewhere else, apologies if this question is redundant.
In the past I've added it in post, but I've recently started to do it directly inside KeyShot by layering materials and using a dust 'overlay' texture as an opacity map. I did a short tutorial yesterday on this proces. Check it out here:
https://youtu.be/5EDJkN6SPLA

Finema

Really good tutorial
Thanks Esben  ;)

Despot

+1

Been doing something similar to this for a while now, but not with dust :)

NM-92

I've been doing it this way too and i am pretty happy with the results. Playing with the brightness/contrast of the opacity map gives you control over the visibility of the dust to achieve different effects.

Will Gibbons

Esben Oxholm

Thank you guys!

Quote from: NM-92 on September 15, 2016, 06:43:57 AM
I've been doing it this way too and i am pretty happy with the results. Playing with the brightness/contrast of the opacity map gives you control over the visibility of the dust to achieve different effects.
True. I totally forgot that part. I gotta have a basic script next to me next time I'm doing a tutorial :)
Actually, I usually use the 'color to number'-node instead of adjusting brightness/contrast as I find it easier to control.

Will Gibbons

[quote
Actually, I usually use the 'color to number'-node instead of adjusting brightness/contrast as I find it easier to control.
[/quote]

I've just started using the color to number and have to agree. It's powerful.