Main Menu

Turntable

Started by Liu K, April 28, 2016, 04:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liu K

Hi everyone!

This is my very first post) I wish I had found this forum earlier, as there is so much interesting and useful stuff here.

I'd like to share some results of my experiments with Keyshot 6 materials.
Here's my personal work, I modeled this turntable in XSI Softimage, rendered in Keyshot and then edited a little in Photoshop. For this model I used reference images of several modern turntables.

I will be really grateful for any critique and opinions.

TpwUK

Excellent first post, welcome to the forums :)

Martin

Artur

Excellent render.

Are you willing to share the .BIP file (packaged) so we can see the set up you made for the rendering.

Thanks in advance.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ah, I love these!  Such fantastic materials. I would love to see some DoF in those detail shots, though they work great either way.

Great job.

Josh3D

Welcome! These look GREAT. Mix Master Mike would tear this mutha up :)

Liu K

TpwUK (Martin), thanks a lot!

Artur, thanks) do you mean a Keyshot bundle file (.ksp), which includes the entire scene with the model, textures, HDR and 60+ materials ??

Magnus Skogsfjord, that's a really good point, thank you so much for noticing it! yea, some shots will definitely benefit from adding some amount of DoF to them

Josh Mings:) thanks a lot

Artur

If you are willing to share the .KSP file I will be very thankful for your kindness.

Thanks for the quick reply.

guest86567

So much beautiful hard surface design going on here! Excellent work on the in depth detail and functionality of this piece! Would love to see an animated version with LED lights!

Will Gibbons

:o First post... not bad ;)

Super-cool design. Love the results.

jhiker

If this is an exercise in applying and fine-tuning textures I think it succeeds brilliantly.
I'd love to have a play with the scene - I could learn much from that.

Liu K

Thank you guys very much for the kind words! Glad that you like it)

I've also uploaded this scene to my dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu8nheetvx1q5dz/Turntable_scene1.ksp?dl=0

(since in this work I used textures from various texture packs and I'm not sure whether I can share them, I removed all of those files and HDR image too). Hopefully this scene might be still helpful for some experimental and test purposes.

Josh3D

Thanks Lui! Very kind of you.

syrom

Wow! Very detailed!

Arian Shamil

WHAT a first post!

Love it man!
Love the 3d model and the rendering too....GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DetroitVinylRob

Nice work. Has one of my all time favorite tonearms on it by Bob Graham.