Texture around a corner

Started by clint, April 12, 2016, 12:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clint

Hello, I'm pretty new to keyshot and 3d modeling/rendering in general and I'm going nuts trying to figure out why I can't get this texture to wrap around the edge of this mattress. I created it in Rhino. Do I need to work on mapping in rhino, or should I be able to do it in keyshot?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

TpwUK

Have you used any trimmed surfaces to make the mattress - you may need to select it and type 'ShrinkTrimmedSrf' if you have.
Next question are you using the Rhino to KS Plugin or directly importing into KeyShot ?

Martin

clint

I believe I did use trimmed surfaces. I just tried the ShrinkTrimmedSrf command and so far no luck.
No, I'm not using the plugin, just directly importing.

TpwUK

Are you rendering the NURBs surfaces directly using the NURBS mode or are you using render meshes ?

If you are using the NURBs mode change the mapping type to Box Map and scale to suit.
If using Render Meshes then try mapping set as UV CoOrdination.

If that doesn't help try exporting the model as OBJ from Rhino, if i remember rightly Rhino does basic UV mapping when exporting as OBJ. Rhino also has some direct UV editing/mapping tools included too, but i can't remember where they are.

Martin

clint

I'm getting closer, but it's still not quite there.