Substance Designer / KeyShot Experimentation

Started by Despot, May 11, 2016, 01:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Just a few renders showing what can be done with PBR textures exported from Substance Designer into KeyShot...

More explanation and MatGraph captures to come...

Chad Holton

Despot

richardfunnell

Magnus Skogsfjord

I've been revisiting these images for days already. Such fantastic textures. Looking forward to the breakdown.

TpwUK

It's always a treat your renders J and the levels of detail that you put into your materials along with your subtle lighting techniques. If i was to be pushed to say which i prefer the most, it would be your scififloor image with the little green LED light glow. But the orange container is pretty cool too with those impact indentations hmmmmm decisions decisions decisions ....

Martin

Despot

Thanks Richard, Magnus and Chris...

And thanks Martin, really nice words from you, much appreciated  :'(

Esben Oxholm

Looking cool!
Great bunch of inspirational images for worn out materials!

Despot

LayC42

WOW  - I*m deeply impressed - these renders will help me to improve my stuff.

that you!

Will Gibbons

Yep! You know a piece of art is good when just glancing at it gives you the urge to create something in a similar vein. Mad skills there!

Josh3D

I'm with Will. These look AMAZING. Can't wait to see the breakdown too.

Despot

QuoteWOW  - I*m deeply impressed - these renders will help me to improve my stuff

Wow back, thanks  - I'm pleased it's helping somehow :)

QuoteYou know a piece of art is good when just glancing at it gives you the urge to create something in a similar vein. Mad skills there!

Thanks Will, for the kind words, I'll look forward to what you come up with :)

QuoteThese look AMAZING. Can't wait to see the breakdown too

Cheers Josh, thanks so much for the encouragement ;)

SteveTalkowski

Hey John,

Really digging these a lot. Would love to see your settings for export template from Substance Painter, and then your map assignments in KeyShot. I've been talking with the Luxion gang about this (even brought it up with Henrik at RenderWorld a few weeks ago) and think it would be highly beneficial for Algorithmic to provide a true KeyShot template, and then Luxion to have a dedicated shader that "just works" when importing all the maps over from Painter. I've been experimenting on my end for a bit and finding confusion on which shading model to use in Substance (typically, I've been using PBR-Metal-Rough because that seems to play nicely when exporting to Marmoset Toolbag) and then what template to use when exporting to ensure there's a match on the KeyShot side. Another user suggested exporting a Spec/Gloss mapping model. It all gets rather confusing.

We need to talk. ;)

-Steve