Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Totally new to mesh modeling, so i followed some tutorials to see what i could get. Since the images are so different i'll upload them here in one topic and i'll update it if i keep practicing.

Yes, i know, that strawberry is awful.

Will Gibbons

Good start. I'm right there with you (pretty new to working with polys myself).

I'd say that the strawberry and carrot don't work as well with the monochromatic matching background. I do think the golf ball does though due to the variation in light.

The final image with the close-up of the texture on the golf ball is great! I'm assuming those dots in the ball are modeled?

NM-92

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 16, 2016, 02:41:38 PM
Good start. I'm right there with you (pretty new to working with polys myself).

I'd say that the strawberry and carrot don't work as well with the monochromatic matching background. I do think the golf ball does though due to the variation in light.

The final image with the close-up of the texture on the golf ball is great! I'm assuming those dots in the ball are modeled?

Hello will and Thanks for the feedback. I'm ok with the carrot render. I think is better than the strawberry one, but i could try differrent background colours. Golf ball dots are modelled, yes.

Josh3D

Golf ball is great! I think I'll be seeing red strawberries for a few weeks though! Haha!

NM-92

Quote from: Josh Mings on May 17, 2016, 08:25:50 AM
Golf ball is great! I think I'll be seeing red strawberries for a few weeks though! Haha!

Haha , beware, the saturation of that strawberry might burn your retina.

NM-92

Let's pretend that this little dude has his hands in his pockets, cause i had a hard time doing them and rage quit (yes, i feel really dumb)

Despot

TpwUK

What modelling app are you using ? If it's Blender then you want to add Mesh Loop Tools to your user preferences ...

Here's a blender file, if you don't use that modeller, still download it so you can see the non sub divided topology. Obj here too

Martin

NM-92

Martin, i did all i could, but the surgery didn't go well... The body rejected the hand and triggered some kind of mutation :s

haha sorry, i couldn't help to play with your model. But seriously talking, thank you very much. I'll try to replicate that. I'm using Cinema 4D but all poly modeling software are similar in functions, so i think i won't have trouble with that. Cheers !

Quote from: Despot on June 06, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
It's Byers from the Lone Gunmen ;)

Had to google him, didn't know who he was but i see the resemblance :P

guest86567

Nice organics on the last image! I would love to see some fleshy texture with veins!

NM-92

This is actually my first try on skin. I've attempted some veins on that image, but wasn't what i expected. I'll have to explore a little more this material, specially the veins thing.

TpwUK

Quote from: NM-92 on June 07, 2016, 08:43:35 AM
Martin, i did all i could, but the surgery didn't go well... The body rejected the hand and triggered some kind of mutation :s

haha sorry, i couldn't help to play with your model. But seriously talking, thank you very much. I'll try to replicate that. I'm using Cinema 4D but all poly modeling software are similar in functions, so i think i won't have trouble with that. Cheers !

Quote from: Despot on June 06, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
It's Byers from the Lone Gunmen ;)

Had to google him, didn't know who he was but i see the resemblance :P

Ahhh I have come across this before, it's known as Carpal Tunnel Simplex 13, (unlucky for some) - As can be seen the results are somewhat chronic and extreme. As you can see, the grip of the hand is left somewhat spastic in nature and the psychological implications tend to be severe also, some patients  suffer terminally with Priapism (the resulting fascial spasm that is evident post mortem is still unknown as to whether it's a grimace or a final release of pleasure) ... The other extreme direction for the afflicted is a murderous intent to throttle nearby people at any given time, with no warning and without any antagonising behaviour from their victims.

Amputation is the only known cure, which then obviously results in mental and psychological issues in its own right

Hope this helps :P

Martin

NM-92

NM-92

Shattered glass attempt, modeled in Blender. Will update with the final scene (if i manage to get it right :P)

Will Gibbons