Rock Face Macro Shots

Started by Despot, May 19, 2016, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Despot

Thanks  Sebas_ace96 and Finema, much appreciated !! :)

QuoteI keep falling out of my seat everytime I look at these. Great gobs of gravy balls John!

Cheers Josh, thank you for the generous comment, it made me laugh too, in a good way I might add

QuoteCan you give a quick breakdown for what template you're using inside Substance Painter for texture export, and then where those textures get plugged into KeyShot?

Hey Steve, thanks a lot... I'm not using Substance Painter though, it's Designer I'm using, purely as a texture creation tool. I then spit out  albedo, dual bumps (rough and fine) and roughness maps, then build the material in KS using box as the mapping type. I've attached the MatGraph for the volcanic-type rock. It's really that simple :)

QuoteInsert Quote
Grab ya digital cam and lets go fossil spotting down the Jurassic Coast J - I'll send ya an invite if Debz and I move there ... we're certainly getting to the right age

Oh... how you going to contact me then ?, because you can't seem to work a phone buddy ;)

QuoteReally excellent!

Wow, a comment from Mr Teger, I must be doing something right ;)

TpwUK

QuoteOh... how you going to contact me then ?, because you can't seem to work a phone buddy ;)

Hmmm, kettle and pot seems to spring to mind :P

Martin

DriesV

Despot

QuoteCool beans!!! 8)

Cheers Dries, I appreciate the comment :)

Roshan Hakkim

This is stunning. Such a simple everyday object but definitely a mammoth size task! Beautiful detailing and DOF is on the money! Great job!

guest86567

Beautiful organics and natural shapes in these renders! The lighting really captures the material. Would love to see your take on Mars and other planets!

Despot

Thanks Roshan, Wood1960 and Joe - your comments are much appreciated :)

syrom

You reached 100% realism on the 1st pic.

Despot

QuoteYou reached 100% realism on the 1st pic.

Wow, thanks for that Syrom, I've reached lofty heights indeed then ;)