20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

TO SEE LATEST RENDERINGS be sure to visit the newest post.

Hi, I'm Will. Welcome to my render thread. Every few weeks, I add new images. Enjoy the progress and images. Feel free to make suggestions, comment or ask questions. If you're new here, say hi by commenting on the latest image. 

Despot

nice start Will, my only crit would be the Voronoi procedural texture looks slightly out of place, although it is in the future, so who knows what kind of plastics they have in 2147 ;)

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM
"Welcome to WRR, a small, dark, dingy bar lit by a flickering, pink neon sign. The year is 2174 and you're wondering what you'll have to do to see another week. The hiss of rain permeates the dirty windows. A monitor in the corner offers glimpses of unrest from distant corners of the world. This is the way it's been ever since the reign of real estate tycoon and entertainment celebrity Tronald Drump. As you make your way to the restroom in the back of the bar, you pass a gallery of images displayed on the OLED-papered wall. The images, renderings created using a software called KeyShot were made by a guy named Will. How they ended up on the wall of this dark, dingy bar is another story for another time." - Will's Monday morning mind.

This is where I'll upload various renderings of mine that don't belong anywhere else. Just a catalog of recent work.

The first two are of my first 'real model' created in Fusion 360 of a holographic gun sight. Stole the 'stun' and 'kill' idea from Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear
Superb , definiteley looking forward to see more of this

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Despot on May 23, 2016, 07:50:56 AM
nice start Will, my only crit would be the Voronoi procedural texture looks slightly out of place, although it is in the future, so who knows what kind of plastics they have in 2147 ;)

Thanks, sure. Valid point. I definitely wasn't working off any photo reference, thus it's not technically accurate. I've mostly been using my new geometry out of F360 as an excuse to dive deeper into the material graph with more subtle textures.

Will Gibbons

guest86567

Loving the hard surface detail on this Will! The homage to Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear is a nice touch, to infinity and beyond!

What was your total poly count for this piece? Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: JoeYoung on June 03, 2016, 08:55:14 AM
Loving the hard surface detail on this Will! The homage to Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear is a nice touch, to infinity and beyond!

What was your total poly count for this piece? Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Thanks. You don't miss a single pop culture reference, do you? Star Wars, Transformers, Toy Story, haha. I've no clue on poly count. On my home machine, I'm spoiled and tend to import nurbs data, so it's not the lightest-weight, but never have to worry about tessellation when working with CAD and simple models.

Will Gibbons

Been meaning to post these, but I've not had much spare time lately. Earlier this month I challenged myself to create a model and rendering in one day, each day for a week. The attached renderings are the result. All modeled in Fusion 360, rendered in KeyShot. There's definitely lots to work on here with these given they were done mostly late at night or on airplanes or trains. Just thought I'd share them here.

I'll probably start doing this again and try to make it two weeks in a row once my schedule frees up in a couple weeks. Feel free to tear them apart. :)

Finema

Great job Will, i love all!
in the first one , holes are deformed. I think it's because a cylindrical mapping

NM-92

RO_8 is my favourite. Is that a cloudy plastic ?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Seen most of these on instagram. They came so quickly! Great metal feeling in all of them. Neat-O!

TyRuben

Very cool -- totally dig them -- !

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Finema on June 27, 2016, 06:52:32 AM
Great job Will, i love all!
in the first one , holes are deformed. I think it's because a cylindrical mapping

Thank you!
Yes, they're modeled, but just not normal to the surface as you mentioned (I now know how to do that in Fusion but didn't at the time).

Will Gibbons

Quote from: TyRuben on June 27, 2016, 07:53:01 AM
Very cool -- totally dig them -- !

Thanks TyRuben : )

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on June 27, 2016, 07:52:25 AM
Seen most of these on instagram. They came so quickly! Great metal feeling in all of them. Neat-O!

I appreciate it Magnus. Yep, they just oozed out of my computer in one week.

Quote from: NM-92 on June 27, 2016, 07:09:18 AM
RO_8 is my favourite. Is that a cloudy plastic ?

NM-92, yeah. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Will need to do some more of that material. Thanks!

Josh3D

So good Will! These all look GREAT.