20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Will Gibbons

I've fallen behind! After sifting through my renderings folder, I found some stuff I thought I'd share.

The first is the wasp which was a model downloaded from http://zerokobo.web.fc2.com/ and was textured using KeyShot materials and no post. Didn't spend too much time fiddling with it.

The second was a fun one from the other day. I recall seeing a post on the thread where Richard had shown the cool combination of using the xray material within a glass cube to create a cool lazer-cut glass sculpture. I modeled the glass block in Fusion 360 and the face was downloaded from http://threedscans.com/. Just some fun, quick renderings. Spots procedural was used to create the bubbles in the glass.

Finema

Whaou ! i like it  ;) specially the wasp

NM-92

Really nice material work in the wasp. How did you make the second one ? is it a boolean inside the cube ?

bdesign

I dig that wasp...really cool :)  Minimal, but great, materials and that tight, shallow DOF is really well done.

Cheers,
Eric

Will Gibbons

Thanks guys!

@NM-92, It's simpler than that. Just placed one inside the other. That's it! Xray material on the face, glass material on the cube. ;)

Despot

I like the face cube, I thought that was x-ray material :)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Despot on August 11, 2016, 12:31:17 AM
I like the face cube, I thought that was x-ray material :)

Thanks. Always fun to do something with some drama.

Will Gibbons

Some others I forgot to post here. I've got more supporting process images for these I can access from my computer when I'm home if anyone's curious. I modeled everything and textured and rendered in KeyShot. The DOF on the whiskey glass with the bokeh background was a bit too strong, so unfortunately is a bit softer than I'd like. None of these have any post. The lighting on the clippers is admittedly a bit blown-out, but was going for more 'real life' than glamour shot.

Always, I welcome C&C.

Josh3D

These look great Will. I think that bokeh looks perfect.

Despot

Hossein Alfideh

That whiskey glass! Well done!
What material did you use on the ice? I tried it once but my results werent good enough

nicordf

Will! That glass!! It´s 10 am here and I´m seriously thirsty now

Will Gibbons

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 16, 2016, 09:19:18 AM
These look great Will. I think that bokeh looks perfect.

I used an unconventional method to create that... it's a plane with emissive material and that bokeh image as a diffuse texture ;)

I appreciate it Despot, Hossein and Nicordf!

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on August 16, 2016, 11:52:11 AM
That whiskey glass! Well done!
What material did you use on the ice? I tried it once but my results werent good enough

I used a liquid material I think. I'd have to double-check. I might have tried gemstone at some point too. These kind of shots are a pain to light. I tried a handful of different methods, but your lights really need to be in specific places in order to get the nice effect, otherwise the look boring or unnatural. I found that recreating what's done in real-life product shots work best... go figure. -_____-

Will Gibbons

Messing around in the KeyShot booth today during the International IDSA conference. I'm pretty happy with the cast brass material. Could be finessed, but it works for me.

Model from Grabcad.