20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Very cool.

BTW - Vornoi or Voronoy was Russian, not French ;-)

DriesV

Looks great, Will.

Like Thomas mentioned though, Voronoy is Russian and should be pronounced like Tolstoy. ;)

Dries

designgestalt

hello Will,
great images !!
may I ask, which program you used to create the voronoi patterns or how your workflow was?
thanks a lot in advance !!
designgestalt

Hossein Alfideh

Super nice fog example!I also really like that last shot.looks like those soldiers are in a real war!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DMerz III on September 18, 2017, 08:24:45 AM
:o Whoa those Voronoi models are cool! Love the material studies

Thanks, Dave!

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 18, 2017, 09:13:39 AM
NICE. Cool example for the fog!

Thank you, Josh!

Quote from: thomasteger on September 18, 2017, 03:33:16 PM
Very cool.

BTW - Vornoi or Voronoy was Russian, not French ;-)

Lol, I learned something new. Thanks. I was quite wrong with that.

Quote from: DriesV on September 19, 2017, 02:45:45 AM
Looks great, Will.

Like Thomas mentioned though, Voronoy is Russian and should be pronounced like Tolstoy. ;)

Dries

Sigh, yes. Will not be making that mistake again. Thanks!

Quote from: designgestalt on September 19, 2017, 03:40:40 AM
hello Will,
great images !!
may I ask, which program you used to create the voronoi patterns or how your workflow was?
thanks a lot in advance !!
designgestalt

The first one was a taurus made in Fusion 360 and Meshmixer. The more complex ones were modeled in Blender, giving me more control over the mesh.

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on September 19, 2017, 06:05:03 AM
Super nice fog example!I also really like that last shot.looks like those soldiers are in a real war!

Thanks man! Excited to get it done, but having some issues with multiple pieces of software at home (not KeyShot).

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ah, the foggy one is so nice! Have to dig into that technique soon.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 05, 2017, 05:13:20 AM
Ah, the foggy one is so nice! Have to dig into that technique soon.

Thanks, friend!

cjwidd

Quote from: Will Gibbons on September 18, 2017, 07:47:36 AM
Time to dust off the old Renderdump thread. I'm hoping to have more to contribute soon. In no particular order, I've got some stuff to share.

1. Relic 1 - My first foray into Voronoi structure. Fog created with Cloudy Plastic in KS7
2. Relic 2 A&B - After the Voronoi experiment, I wanted to push a similar aesthetic further and employed a different workflow to create these.
3. Anodized Metal Study - Just as it sounds. Chasing that ever-elusive finish using the KeyShot 7 Anodized Metal material
4. Soldiers WIP - Just to tease out something I've been working on for a while.

As always, C&C is appreciated. I hope to have some more finished pieces to share soon. These are more like short studies.
The volumetric light looks amazing, I'll have to remember that trick with the cloudy plastic.
What software are you using to create the Voronoi patterns?

cjwidd

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 10, 2016, 09:40:08 AM
I've fallen behind! After sifting through my renderings folder, I found some stuff I thought I'd share.

The first is the wasp which was a model downloaded from http://zerokobo.web.fc2.com/ and was textured using KeyShot materials and no post. Didn't spend too much time fiddling with it.

The second was a fun one from the other day. I recall seeing a post on the thread where Richard had shown the cool combination of using the xray material within a glass cube to create a cool lazer-cut glass sculpture. I modeled the glass block in Fusion 360 and the face was downloaded from http://threedscans.com/. Just some fun, quick renderings. Spots procedural was used to create the bubbles in the glass.
I love this life mask in the glass piece, the concept is really evocative. Can you link to details about the x-ray / glass material trick?

imikej

Metal materials look very believable.  Very subtle detailed work.  Inspirational, Will! #ridethetrainmore

Will Gibbons

Quote from: cjwidd on October 28, 2017, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on September 18, 2017, 07:47:36 AM
Time to dust off the old Renderdump thread. I'm hoping to have more to contribute soon. In no particular order, I've got some stuff to share.

1. Relic 1 - My first foray into Voronoi structure. Fog created with Cloudy Plastic in KS7
2. Relic 2 A&B - After the Voronoi experiment, I wanted to push a similar aesthetic further and employed a different workflow to create these.
3. Anodized Metal Study - Just as it sounds. Chasing that ever-elusive finish using the KeyShot 7 Anodized Metal material
4. Soldiers WIP - Just to tease out something I've been working on for a while.

As always, C&C is appreciated. I hope to have some more finished pieces to share soon. These are more like short studies.
The volumetric light looks amazing, I'll have to remember that trick with the cloudy plastic.
What software are you using to create the Voronoi patterns?

Sorry I missed this. I used Blender and I've also used Fusion 360 and MeshMixer

Will Gibbons

Quote from: cjwidd on October 28, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 10, 2016, 09:40:08 AM
I've fallen behind! After sifting through my renderings folder, I found some stuff I thought I'd share.

The first is the wasp which was a model downloaded from http://zerokobo.web.fc2.com/ and was textured using KeyShot materials and no post. Didn't spend too much time fiddling with it.

The second was a fun one from the other day. I recall seeing a post on the thread where Richard had shown the cool combination of using the xray material within a glass cube to create a cool lazer-cut glass sculpture. I modeled the glass block in Fusion 360 and the face was downloaded from http://threedscans.com/. Just some fun, quick renderings. Spots procedural was used to create the bubbles in the glass.

I love this life mask in the glass piece, the concept is really evocative. Can you link to details about the x-ray / glass material trick?

Just put the x-ray one inside the glass material... that's it. I think I used a procedural spots texture to get bubbles in the glass.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: imikej on October 30, 2017, 09:46:19 AM
Metal materials look very believable.  Very subtle detailed work.  Inspirational, Will! #ridethetrainmore

Thanks James! Your engine is some serious metal work!

Will Gibbons

Couple new images I created this weekend. I downloaded some free models from Blank Repository, then bought some for their Cyber Monday sale! Gonna do some more with these.

The first one, lemons is nothing special. Just focusing on using a simple form but finding a composition was really tough. I'm still not satisfied. Will do this exercise again with some other models to try and improve. Also, getting the SSS just right was tough. I only had a single image map to use for this model, so had to get creative with the Mat Graph. Before I was finished, I was wishing I had a twig with some green leaves on it to help this image out.

The second one, I used a martini glass I'd modeled in Fusion 360. Brought it into Blender, then imported the berries and nuts and ran a simulation to fill the glass. Then, sent it to KeyShot for materials and rendering. Did some tone mapping and color correction in Photoshop. This one is definitely missing some punch. Not sure how to improve. Maybe would have been better on a white/clean studio environment.

Would love C&C. Trying to do something different is always a challenge.

Josh3D

I think the lemon looks amazing. Often there's some faint green appearance in/beneath the skin - almost appears that way with the shadows you have, but could play with some variation in the color/sub-surface.

The almonds, seems like there's variation missing. They all look a tad flat. Maybe some AO? There's usually bits of almond skin missing too, which will show through to the meat of the nut. The blueberry texture looks great. Color could use some variation in dark and light.