20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serhan Yenilmez

Great models and fantastic materials...  8)

cjwidd

Will, can you describe how you approached the translucent material used in the tread of the shoe render posted above?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Masoud Zangi on December 18, 2018, 10:50:16 PM
Great as always? Are they CAD models or polygon ones?
Thanks! :) It's a mix. All of my models are CAD in this group of images I think. The skulls were scanned (so, not my model), and also the shoe was supplied by someone else, so not sure how he modeled it.

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on December 20, 2018, 02:02:45 AM
Great images Will. Always like looking at your experimentation images. And I never got round to looking at the high-res version of the Nike Vapor Max...They look awesome  ;D
Thanks for the compliment!

Quote from: puyopuyo on December 20, 2018, 01:12:09 PM
The lighting and caustics of the Sake Images are perfect- I want to achieve caustics this good too.

I also really dig lamp on the white background - the cool bowl with the warm light inside looks beautiful. I know from my work that it's one of the more difficult things to render a white object on white background with a believable glow. Very good!
Caustics are pretty much just having a strong light source, darker environment and an interesting shape of refractive material. The rest of the caustics are just up to KeyShot being able to render them very well! As for the lamp, thanks! I agree, it can be a challenge. Glad you appreciate it.

Quote from: nacho_grande on December 22, 2018, 08:23:38 AM
Great models and fantastic materials...  8)
Many thanks!

Quote from: cjwidd on January 04, 2019, 01:40:28 PM
Will, can you describe how you approached the translucent material used in the tread of the shoe render posted above?
Sure. It's just cloudy plastic. I had to make sure caustics were enabled so light could illuminate the undersole of the shoe. Took forever to render. :)