Main Menu

Tuning up Toon

Started by imikej, May 11, 2016, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

Came back from RenderWorld and Chipp Walters' presentation wanting to spend more time with Toon material. So, I grabbed an old friend, the Specialized Venge bike and did a few renders and some Photoshop work.  The image here is actually a screen desktop, so I made a little section at the bottom for the pop-up dock.  You can see them all here: http://www.thomasburke.com/technical-illustration.html

Esben Oxholm

Looking good, mike!
I really like the noisy feel of them.

I think it is a great style to show of early concepts.

Will Gibbons

Good results! It's cool seeing the toon material getting more popular. I'm interested to see how this community will use it in the near future.

x11d

Wow ... these are really impressive renderings. Hope to see more like that  ... also from myself :-)
Can you please give any information on the material properties you used? I am not coming close to your results until now

Stephan

Speedster

I mentioned this in a post some time back.  I successfully petitioned the United States Patent and Trademark Office to accept toons for Design Patent illustrations.  In white/black, of course, but now there's a lot of choices for presentation.  Jury is still out on toons for Utility Patents, but hopefully that will change!

Thanks for sharing your take on toons!

bill G

Arian Shamil

Love the final work and love the idea!
Great work :)

guest86567

I'm loving seeing more use of Toon! This design is choice, can't wait to see more!