ADDING Animation Propeties (updated)

Started by architruc, February 12, 2016, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

architruc

I have created a little Script in DAZSTUDIO to export OBJ sequence,
I would like to import all the sequence and then animate fadeIN fadeOUT  for each frame.

i can find anywhere documentation to create Animation sub-group with properties.
Also i would like to put all the sequence OBJ in one root GROUP so it wold look cleaner.

thanks.

SEE sample animation calculated with Martin Spencer-Ford's script
P.S. cloths Marvelous designer

http://www.architruc.com/partage/KICK.mov

TpwUK

Nice result, glad to see the script came in handy. Sadly I don't think you can do what you have planned with all frames loaded as geometry in one tree. I am not sure if you could do this via view-sets or not, and then i have a sneaky suspicion that view-sets are not open to scripting. The reason you can't add all the frames in a tree is because they would all be in the one world space and would overlay each other. You would also need heaps of RAM. The cross fade should be doable via materials, but I would personally favour a non linear video editing suite.

Martin

architruc

NICE, thanks for the quick answer.

I know that this approach is very RAM consuming but for small animations, with a large amount of non animated object,  i think it would take advantage of the realtime work of KEYSHOT.

I have modified your script to import all the OBJ at the same time  ;-) here what it looks like.
http://www.architruc.com/partage/KICK_all.jpg

I have thought using view-sets but a s you say not sure it can be animated.

I have made a little test with cubes animated through fade animation (it works) but it is very tedious.
http://www.architruc.com/partage/cubes_H264.mov

maybe if i can not use a script to create an animated fade i will use the duplicate function used by the RANDOM SCATTERING script of luxion.
http://www.architruc.com/partage/Screen_capture.jpg

As you can see in the screen capture it is not easy to animate fideIN fadeOUT I have to use two animated strings.
To be continued.

Guy

TpwUK

This is looking promising ... There are a few things that got opened up after I had played with scripting with the beta and I still haven't had time to go back and play some more. If i remember rightly the ability to create a Group tree was added, so in theory your script should be able to do something like scene.group.create type of thing. Then load your OBJ's into there as group.object01 type of thing. Now where this could get really cute is to have three to five material templates where the opacity is regulated by percentage - then cycle through with a remove/delete object and you would get that 1970's style trippy kung-fu fighter kick or possibly even a pseudo motion blur. My scripting skills suck but it would be something like this as a flow chart ...

1. Create Objects Group ready to receive your frames.
2. Import frame 1 and place into the Group holder
3. Render Frame 1 with full opacity
4. Import next OBJ
5. Swap material template for 90% opacity on OBJ1
6. Assign material template with 100% opacity to OBJ2

Keep iterating through importing OBJ's as you go and then either stop on the last OBJ or keep going until all OBJ objects have been imported and that all OBJ's  have material template that has 0% opacity assigned to them. If you check under the Textures/Opacity Maps, there are  enough maps there to give you like 1/2 second of fading animation (13 frames) so you should be on frame 13 or 14 when OBJ1 goes invisible.

Hope this helps you some more ... Keep us posted, you have my curiosity tweaked now.

Martin

architruc

Clearly i don't express myself that well in english.
sorry i  speak in french.

You are right the (NFB) national board film of canada look  is really cool but that is not what i am trying to achieve.
i would like to be able to scroll through the animation pan so i can see an animated character move into my shot.
the character is never the center of the shot (more something to get the scale) the kind of shot in the new star wars or new sci-fi film.

i used to work with electric image or c4d but keyshot is so fun, impressive to work and so easy with Zbrush.
the environnement is MY SHOT,  the animation is just what makes it feel real. (i use MarvelousDesigner for this purpose too.)

saying that, it is very sad that keyshot does not offer animation to hide/show keyframe.
I understand it is the very beginning for animation with keyshot.

i do not know how you managed to script. information is so hidden.
What i really want to do is to write a script that CREATES an animation keyframe to scroll through OBJ sequence visibility.

The NFB image was to show that keyshot is able  to load all the OBJ without crashing.
thanks again.

to be continued.

Guy

TpwUK

Well C4D will be your friend again, it supports Alembic Cache which is much more in line with your thinking ... I think

Martin

architruc

Thanks again Martin,
Your input is very appreciated.

Guy

architruc

never take no as an answer....   ;-)

I received a message from KeyShot:

"Hello Guy,
It is not possible to edit animations via scripting.
I Just checked the forum thread you created, and can not add anything to the conversation.
For now i am afraid your goal can not be achieved in a sufficient way."

So i had to find a "non-script" solution for my problem.
fortunately KeyShots documents are opentext so is fairly easy to modify.
I have created an XCODE app to implement an iterative small object (a plan) with visibility animated into an empty KeyShot document.

The last step is use a modified script of Martin Spencer-Ford's version to update all iterated geometries and voila !!!

KeyShot is a great software, see the shadows and occlusion updating in real time !!!
I was expecting some non-fluid behaviour but the the software reacts as a charm.

http://www.architruc.com/partage/CLIP_003.mov

Guy
http://www.architruc.com

TpwUK

Ha ... pretty cool - Where there's a will there's a way :)

Martin

mertmg

HI Martin,

this is really cool!
when you have time is it possible to create kind of tutorial? i`m sure it would be helpful for folks.

TpwUK

Quote from: mertmg on March 21, 2016, 10:21:20 AM
HI Martin,

this is really cool!
when you have time is it possible to create kind of tutorial? i`m sure it would be helpful for folks.

I am not responsible for this, the original poster and problem solver was Guy. I am hoping to return back to coding and KS6 once i have completed my Jeep model. I have no idea on time span though because my home life is somewhat different than most.

Martin

architruc

Hi mertmg,

I will post my scripts soon
I will not post my little app, sorry to much work, but i will post a sample keyshot project so you will be able to do an animation of 120 frames

Guy

Squilter

Hi guys,

Any update on the possible script?

I am trying this exact method, but with hundreds of frames.  This would be timely animating a fade for each part consecutively per frame. 
I haven't had any ram issues.

As an example of our previous work, this is what we have done in blender and want to do similar using Keyshot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMPE5mtXcw

Any tips for scripting something up with camera pan would be ace thanks!