Script for multiple colorways help

Started by maf1909, May 18, 2016, 01:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Looking the camera or not makes no difference. Lock the camera, change the resolution including aspect ratio, and notice what's happening.

DriesV

Interesting scene. The realtime image temporarily compresses/elongates as you change the aspect ratio. This reflects in the rendering through the script, as you specify a different aspect ratio, so that the red parts appear to not fit.
So the script is actully rendering the 'stretched state'. I think this is a bug. I will investigate.

I didn't see this issue in my own testing, but this scene clearly shows it.

Dries

maf1909

Quote from: DriesV on May 26, 2016, 02:15:03 PM
Interesting scene. The realtime image temporarily compresses/elongates as you change the aspect ratio. This reflects in the rendering through the script, as you specify a different aspect ratio, so that the red parts appear to not fit.
So the script is actully rendering the 'stretched state'. I think this is a bug. I will investigate.

I didn't see this issue in my own testing, but this scene clearly shows it.

Dries

With any luck, I'll be able to use this to put a final product on our website.  This product is just a start of what we have in mind!

DriesV

For now, just make sure you have the correct aspect ratio in realtime. Then the image shouldn't stretch.
I will keep you updated.

Dries

maf1909

Quote from: DriesV on May 26, 2016, 02:24:10 PM
For now, just make sure you have the correct aspect ratio in realtime. Then the image shouldn't stretch.
I will keep you updated.

Dries

how would this need to be changed to keep labels when it changes materials?

DriesV

Quote from: maf1909 on May 27, 2016, 07:29:22 AM
Quote from: DriesV on May 26, 2016, 02:24:10 PM
I will keep you updated.

Dries

how would this need to be changed to keep labels when it changes materials?

This is currently not possible, as you can't access the material properties through scripting. A label is a part of the material.
Material access is planned for a future version of KeyShot.

Can you put the shared label on a separate piece of gometry than the base material? E.g. with an opacity map?

Dries

DriesV

@ maf1909:
Btw, the issue you saw with stretching of images (due to setting a different aspect ratio through scripting) will be solved in KeyShot 6.2, which is to be released very soon.
There was a bug for setting the resolution when using an orthographic camera (as you did).

Dries

maf1909

Quote from: DriesV on June 07, 2016, 08:22:25 AM
@ maf1909:
Btw, the issue you saw with stretching of images (due to setting a different aspect ratio through scripting) will be solved in KeyShot 6.2, which is to be released very soon.
There was a bug for setting the resolution when using an orthographic camera (as you did).

Dries

awesome, good to hear!

Is it possible to make this script render to photoshop with layers?  It's looking like that's the way I'm going to have to do these images.

DriesV

Quote from: maf1909 on June 07, 2016, 08:35:48 AM
Is it possible to make this script render to photoshop with layers?  It's looking like that's the way I'm going to have to do these images.
It is currently not possible to render to PSD with scripting.
You can render all passes and render layers to images though.

Dries

maf1909

Quote from: DriesV on June 07, 2016, 12:23:20 PM
Quote from: maf1909 on June 07, 2016, 08:35:48 AM
It is currently not possible to render to PSD with scripting.
You can render all passes and render layers to images though.

Dries

will it be possible to render to PSD with scripting in a future update?  That would save me a HUGE amount of time considering I have 116 materials to drag over, type in the name, and add to queue.