Main Menu

Kids playroom

Started by DriesV, June 02, 2016, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

A few test renderings of a kids playroom, using Interior Mode. The scene is intended to show the lighting features in KeyShot. It has an HDZ (Sun & Sky), Area Lights, Point Lights, IES Lights, Emissive materials and Flat materials as 'dummy' lights.
The model is from Turbosquid.
Minor S-shaped curve tweak in Photoshop.

Dries

Esben Oxholm

Really cool, Dries! Looks smooth.
Where do you have the emissive and flat materials?

This scene begs for a blue-hour/nighttime version as well, to really show off how all the artificial light sources lights up the space alone.
Right now they sorta drown in the daylit space (and for the sake of energy savings no one should have all those lights turned during the day ;) ).
You can see they glow, but not really how they affect their surroundings.

DriesV

Thanks, Esben.
Emissive materials are on the light rope around the tent (orangey spheres).
Flat materials are on the light bulbs in the ceiling spot lights.

"This scene begs for a blue-hour/nighttime version as well, to really show off how all the artificial light sources lights up the space alone. "
And that is exactly the plan for the next post.  :)

Dries

feher

WOW !!! This is something. Great work Dries

DriesV

Here's a first night shot. No external lighting. Mainly IES.

Dries

JimmyToTheBe

Nice work Dries. Its good to see more interior shots coming from keyshot now. Your composition for each model in the scene works really well too.

guest86567

Dries I love the playfulness in this set up! The lighting captures that very well!

TpwUK

Looking good Dries, have you tried giving some yellow hint to some of the bulbs lighting, just to give it that more indoor lighting look ?

Quote from: JoeYoung on June 03, 2016, 09:00:27 AM
Dries I love the playfulness in this set up! The lighting captures that very well!

There's certainly no where for the shadow monsters to hide for sure, monsters inc will have to search elsewhere :) And that's a good thing for a kiddies room

Martin

Will Gibbons

Now we know what your bedroom looks like! Nice space  ;)

Love the way this turned out. I'd really like to see another shot of the tent with the glowing lights and all the other lights in the room turned off except for the small desk lamp in the back.

Really has some nice playfulness (a good departure from all the hard surface stuff).

syrom

One of the best interiors on here. Top 3 for sure. id love to see the light setup. :(

syrom

DriesV.... can you tell me your light setup? I really like the results you got.

cok3

Wow can we have a tutorial for this? :)