Main Menu

Dragon

Started by NM-92, June 10, 2016, 10:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Someone shared this awesome page and i can't recall in which post i read it. Anyway, i decided to take my shot at one of those scans.

Web: http://threedscans.com/

Despot

Ha ! the good old Stanford Dragon... nice render, very effective.

Although, it could be my eyes deceiving me, but it looks like it's submerged slightly in the ground plane, or is it meant to be that way ? :)

NM-92

Quote from: Despot on June 10, 2016, 10:36:53 AM
Ha ! the good old Stanford Dragon... nice render, very effective.

Although, it could be my eyes deceiving me, but it looks like it's submerged slightly in the ground plane, or is it meant to be that way ? :)

Your eyes are not deceiving you, it is a bit cropped cause i couldnĀ“t find the perfect position and adjusting to ground plane did not do the job, so i took it down a little bit. Is it too noticeable ? i can bring it back again.

NM-92

One more.

LayC42

I like the "steel" and the blueish light tone and the warm reflections from the environment. Is there a light source inside the mouth?

NM-92

Quote from: LayC42 on June 10, 2016, 01:59:22 PM
I like the "steel" and the blueish light tone and the warm reflections from the environment. Is there a light source inside the mouth?

No, in the first image there is just an upper source of light blue lighting. On the close up i just added a pin of light to make the mouth a bit more bright and warm to contrast that blue.  ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

I must yet again emphasize the progress you've had, dude! Been great to witness. This looks really good. Well done :)

NM-92

Thank you Magnus. I'm really happy with the improvements and knowledge i gained. I try to include every tip, technique and methods i saw here in the forum to every new scene to keep them coming better and better. This pic sums up my experience in this forum so far:

:D :D Thanks for the kind words !