Main Menu

Mayan Flute

Started by Finema, June 12, 2016, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

An other test with a free model to Goscan : https://www.goscan3d.com/fr/modeles-3d
Painted and texturized in Substance Painter2
Rendered in keyshot6
-color map
-normal map
-roughness map
No postpro

Finema

a close-up

Finema

...re work the textures with more details

Magnus Skogsfjord

Awesome. Really like those two last ones. They got the 'pop'!  Especially like that last close up.

Finema

Finema

I think it's better in the last one too

Finema

Hi,
An other test without HRDI, just 2 IES lights ( a blue and a yellow)

NM-92

Wow, these look amazing !! Great work !

lee66940

WOW ~ THAT IS AWESOME !!

Great texture & lighting  ;D 

Finema

feher

Top notch work here. This looks amazing. Great work on materials and lighting.
Thanks for sharing
Tim

Finema

TyRuben

Speedster

This is great!

I have a number of Maya (Mayan) flutes in my collection, most quite difficult to play.  The Maya created only fired clay flutes.  There's no record of wood, as with Native American and other Meso Americans, nor did they use metal.  Actually, the only metal they had was some copper and of course, TONS of gold, both reserved for royalty.

The model you are using is a true classic, of a design I've seen in the Museo Nacional de Antropología, in Mexico City.  They have an awesome sound! They almost always have a lanyard or cord, as it's a big mistake to drop one, quite easy due to the number of tone-holes.

Here's a photo of one made by my friend and fellow strange musician Xavier Quijas Yxayotl.  He chooses not to glaze his flutes, but leaves them somewhat "raw".  However, you can go almost insane with glazes and other finishes in KeyShot Material Graphing!  But base any materials on fired clays!  Especially in the reds and browns.

Bill G

Finema

I'm agree with you Speedster.
Clay will be more just.