How can i improve lighting and rendering of this model?

Started by kerembyl, June 13, 2016, 04:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerembyl

I designed a clock and assigned some material, texture, labels. But i am not that glad with the ground plane and lighting.

What do you think and suggest for me?

I used max. samples option for rendering.

Thanks in advance.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Kerembyl.
Great start.

A thing that I use a lot when getting stuck on lighting and materials is to find reference photos/renderings of a look similar of what I want to achieve. By comparing my own rendering with those it is easier to identify what I need to change to make my rendering look better.

Do you have any references you can show of a certain look/feel that you are trying to achieve?

kerembyl

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on June 13, 2016, 06:32:12 AM
Hi Kerembyl.
Great start.

A thing that I use a lot when getting stuck on lighting and materials is to find reference photos/renderings of a look similar of what I want to achieve. By comparing my own rendering with those it is easier to identify what I need to change to make my rendering look better.

Do you have any references you can show of a certain look/feel that you are trying to achieve?

Hi Esben.

My first aim is to get most realistic look but i don't have any referances that helped me through the lighting setup. The only referance i inspired is the picture i posted below. As you can notice i like the linear brush bump map on base and radial brush on smaller dials then i decided to implement them to my design.

I just want to collect the feedbacks from experienced users and improve myself with knowing what to do next.

P.S. i am aware of lines which has showed up because of texture repeat and i'm going to fix it soon :)

Thanks.