Argenta Invisidoor SD-X

Started by PhilippeV8, June 20, 2016, 06:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Here's a scene I rendered for sliding door corner-setup.  This is to promote the product for use in residential care facility or hospitals.

PhilippeV8

Despot

I was sure I'd already commented on this... ah well. must be old age :)

I like the lighting and colour scheme, the blown out area that spans across the Invisdoor itself is a little off-putting, but other than that, good job

Hossein Alfideh

Hi phillippe!
I have a question, there is a rail on the top where the doors can slide, shouldnt be another one on the floor? Or the design is meant to have one railway?

TyRuben

PhilippeV8

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 05, 2016, 12:48:21 PM
shouldnt be another one on the floor?

In the underside of the door-panel, there is a rail routered out.  Inside you have a U-shape profile.  Then on the floor just inside the space where the door goos into the wall, there is a pin-like foot mount.  This prevents the door from hinging from the top rail.

I have (installed) one of these doors in my house and I am very happy with the result.  Particularly because when the door is open, it is 100% open and flush with the wall.  (As you can see with the right door panel on the second render)  If your door-way can only be 800cm of less ... it's a good thing to have to enable you to confortably walk trough with ... say a tray or other big household items.   You DO need the special hand-grip on the door to be able to pull it out again, but it's not ugly.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: Despot on July 05, 2016, 12:38:35 AM
I like the lighting and colour scheme, the blown out area that spans across the Invisdoor itself is a little off-putting, but other than that, good job

I see what you mean ... most light of my scene comes from "outside" on the right ... there is an imaginary window there ..  If I were to reduce the environement light, my scene would become to dark for my taste.  I could however tone down the wall color a tad to get ridd of the blown out zone ... but again, I think the scene would become darker.  Unless, I do the toning-down only on the door panel and the wall opposite the "window" ... but then I'd have to re-edit the model and re-import ...
But you are 100% right :)

PhilippeV8

Unless perhaps if I do both things ... tone down the wall color AND increase the environement light ... that might be worth a shot ..

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on July 06, 2016, 01:16:45 AM
Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 05, 2016, 12:48:21 PM
shouldnt be another one on the floor?

In the underside of the door-panel, there is a rail routered out.  Inside you have a U-shape profile.  Then on the floor just inside the space where the door goos into the wall, there is a pin-like foot mount.  This prevents the door from hinging from the top rail.

I have (installed) one of these doors in my house and I am very happy with the result.  Particularly because when the door is open, it is 100% open and flush with the wall.  (As you can see with the right door panel on the second render)  If your door-way can only be 800cm of less ... it's a good thing to have to enable you to confortably walk trough with ... say a tray or other big household items.   You DO need the special hand-grip on the door to be able to pull it out again, but it's not ugly.
I see, 100 % an efficient installation!
Thanks for the reply.