Custom Image sizes not working as I would expect

Started by Artbot, June 20, 2016, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artbot

Keyshot 6.2.85 Mac Tower w Zbrush bridge.
I am trying to type a custom size setting: W: 4096 x H: 2160 I enter the number and then select it. The resolution number up top now read 1262x 666. Why is that? Doesn't seem right. Why isn't it the number I chose? Can I save out these custom sizes once I get this to work? I then tried 6144 x 3160 same problem--numbers didn't stick, but this time gave me W: 1262 x H: 649.

Thank you

Rex

Is your window maximized and your display smaller than the custom value? If your window is not maximized then selecting the custom value should give you the exact number. If the window is maximized it will give you the same aspect but fit to your screen.

guest84672

You will always have issues with resolutions that are larger than your screen. In realtime, set up the correct aspect ratio. For 4,096 x 2,160, set the realtime window to 1,024 by 540 for example. You do this under the settings tab. Then lock the aspect ratio. Now you can render out images that respect that resolution.

sethcshort

If you want to render at your full res W: 4096 x H: 2160, just make sure you set that resolution in the Render window. It's a bit annoying that you can't save a custom preset in that window, but it will render whatever resolution you type in. The preview during rendering will be scaled to your monitor size, hit the square "100" button at the top to scale it to 100%.