Keyshot plugin for Rhino for Mac

Started by Kazuo Tsuyuki, September 29, 2015, 11:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazuo Tsuyuki

Now that McNeel has released a WIP that supports plugin development on the RhinoCommon SDK, should we expect to see a KeyShot plugin for Mac that's similar to the PC version?

Artur

Same here.

Expecting the rhino OSX version plugin for Keyshot.

ec2638

What is the anticipated Rhino Mac plugin release rough time frame please?

The commercial release and SDK have been out for some time now.

Thanks for any clarity.

kbova41188

Hey Guys, any word on if/when we might see a plugin for Rhino on Mac?  I didn't even realize there was a plugin for Rhino until today and it got me super excited until I discovered it was only for PC.  :-\

guest84672

You can still import your Rhino geometry and update it on Mac.

The plugin is in the works. The people at McNeel never ported the API we are using for the Win plugin to the Mac. So we have to rewrite the plugin on Windows first, and then will port it to the Mac. It is in the works, however, I can't give an ETA on when it will be available.

kbova41188

Quote from: thomasteger on July 20, 2016, 07:22:05 AM
You can still import your Rhino geometry and update it on Mac.

The plugin is in the works. The people at McNeel never ported the API we are using for the Win plugin to the Mac. So we have to rewrite the plugin on Windows first, and then will port it to the Mac. It is in the works, however, I can't give an ETA on when it will be available.

Awesome! I currently import my 3d models as Rhino native (3dm). What would you recommend the best file export from Rhino to Keyshot that would allow the automatic update? Also, I have been trying to understand UV mapping textures from Rhino to Keyshot.  Do I need to export the 3d model as a different format to remember the UV coordinates in Keyshot? Sorry I'm still kind of new to Rhino.

guest84672

When you import geometry natively you can always update the geometry using "update geometry". It doesn't matter what geometry type it is. Just make sure that you keep the same file name as you are making your updates.

Always keep the notice Rhino file format.

As far as UV mapping goes, all texture coordinates will be saved in the Rhino file and maintained when imported into KeyShot.