strange effect appearing while using fade animation

Started by kubafootbag, July 16, 2016, 02:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubafootbag

Hello everyone,

Today I tried to render simple animation using combined fade animation with movement of other parts. I did not expect any problems there but suddenly I noticed some square-shape shadow appearing on the ground.

Please see the link below:
https://youtu.be/Y9rprtSQ6GQ

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this strange effect? why has it happened like this?

Thank you,

Kuba

TpwUK

Looks like you need a ground plane adding - Why you're seeing the square shape i have no idea.

Martin

LayC42

these strange squares appears if the ground size is too large.
A ground plane (edit -> add geometry -> ground plane) will solve this problem.

And then as render settings max samples mode will render every frame with the same quality.

kubafootbag

Thank you guys for your replies.

Actually, I have added ground plane already. I tried to change its size but nothing changed, squared size shadow is still there. I rendered animation using max samples option, it didn't help.

Any other ideas? I am quite sure it's coused by fading option, while changing opacity either to 0 or to 100% everything is ok...

HaroldL

I found the model on GrabCad and created a Fade animation similar to yours. I did not see any of the square shadowing that you experienced. I even tried with every HDRI to see if that would make any difference. It didn't.

What format did you use STEP or IGES? I down loaded the model in STEP format. I might try the IGES and see what happens with it, though I don't know why the format would make any difference. ???

guest84672

The file format has nothing to do with it because it is converted to polygons upon import.

Any chance you can share the scene?

kubafootbag

The scene itself is just imported model (in fact, it is from GrabCAD, I imported STEP file) and added groundplane. I applied some materials in standard overhead array_2k enviroment.

Any other ideas what's wrong here?

Chad Holton

What version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.1.234)? Please send the scene to: support@luxion.com

kubafootbag

Thank you guys for the support. Honestly, I don't have time to go deeper into it, I give up. I changed scenario and now housing is fading down to 0% and everything's all right. Maybe there's something wrong with model, hard to say. I use 6.0264 version.

guest84672

Please make sure to update to the latest version of KeyShot. Build 6.2.105 was posted  today.