Main Menu

A girl's portrait

Started by leonth, July 19, 2016, 07:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonth

Hi there,
I recently done this my personal project ,sculpted in Zbrush and rendered with keyshot for Zbrush.I personally quite enjoy the Keyshot render,it really a great tool  ;)

Josh3D

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying KeyShot! I think you've got a great start here. The hair looks excellent. Are you using the translucent material on the skin? It doesn't look like there's any subsurface scattering going on. The sculpt is great though, really natural expression. Definitely can't wait to see more!

Hossein Alfideh

Love that style , the hair look superb!
looking forward to see more.

bdesign

Yes, this is a great sculpt! +1 on the superb hair...really cool. Also, +1 on Josh's sentiment about the SSS. I see you are using a Translucent material for the skin, with the Translucency value at 1.8. I would increase this, and perhaps also increase the specularity a bit, and set the specular color to a more complimentary, light bluish tone. But an awesome job overall.

Eric

TyRuben

Very cool -- !! -- Looking forward to seeing more -- thank you for sharing.

Dylan

Very nice sculpt and hair (fibermesh hair?). Why not mix Keyshot's Translucency with her skin texture? As it is, she looks a bit on the dry side to me.

SergioBL

Man! This is awesome! +1 on the hair! Push it, can't wait to see more results :)

leonth

Thank You Josh Mings,felt a warmth welcome here,you guys rock !actually I did applied the translucent material,but abit worried the skin might look too waxy,so control the value at 1.8 :)

leonth

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 19, 2016, 09:55:28 AM
Love that style , the hair look superb!
looking forward to see more.
Thank you Hossein Alfideh,I did spend alot time worked on the hair,its fun though playing around the fiber mesh hair with zbrush :)

leonth

Quote from: TyRuben on July 19, 2016, 12:31:16 PM
Very cool -- !! -- Looking forward to seeing more -- thank you for sharing.
Thank You TyRuben :)

leonth

Quote from: bdesign on July 19, 2016, 10:44:45 AM
Yes, this is a great sculpt! +1 on the superb hair...really cool. Also, +1 on Josh's sentiment about the SSS. I see you are using a Translucent material for the skin, with the Translucency value at 1.8. I would increase this, and perhaps also increase the specularity a bit, and set the specular color to a more complimentary, light bluish tone. But an awesome job overall.

Eric
Thank You Eric for you advice, Yes I will try on that :)

leonth

Quote from: Dylan on July 19, 2016, 06:29:32 PM
Very nice sculpt and hair (fibermesh hair?). Why not mix Keyshot's Translucency with her skin texture? As it is, she looks a bit on the dry side to me.
Hi Dylan,yes its the fibermesh hair,spent alot time tweaking the setting . Actually I did applied the translucency material to the skin at value 1.8 ,should put higher value for my next improvement though,thank you :)

leonth

Quote from: SergioBL on July 19, 2016, 08:35:03 PM
Man! This is awesome! +1 on the hair! Push it, can't wait to see more results :)

Thank You SegioBL,appreciate  :)

Despot

Lovely sculpt you've done there... the clay version is spectacular :)

leonth