Main Menu

#Gems

Started by aurealab, July 28, 2016, 01:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aurealab

Gems... Say no more.
The magic of light passing through the crystals in the twilight time.

Do yuo like this shot?

Despot

QuoteThe magic of light passing through the crystals in the twilight time.

I'm not sure about the gems, but I wouldn't mind having a bit of what you're smoking.... ;)

Just joking... on a serious note - the gems are fine, but the texture you have on the ground plane needs a little work. You need to make it look a little less 'Voronoi' :)

Oh, and I would lose the '#' at the beginning of the subject title... it's just a little weird.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Despot on July 28, 2016, 02:18:31 AM
QuoteThe magic of light passing through the crystals in the twilight time.

I'm not sure about the gems, but I wouldn't mind having a bit of what you're smoking
Lol   ;D
Quote from: aurealab on July 28, 2016, 01:57:06 AM
Gems... Say no more.
The magic of light passing through the crystals in the twilight time.

Do yuo like this shot?
There are plenty of tips about rendering jewelry on forum, I suggest to take a look
Good luck

NM-92

Hello. I like the shot you are going after but, as John said, still needs a bit more work, specially on the ground plane and lighting. Here's a video by Will Gibbons where he shows how he rendered a diamond. It may be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7YZlIYloFo

Speedster

I agree about the ground plane.  Being flat and heavily textured, it has a huge impact on the stones.

Attached is a .ksp of the "Photo Stand" ground plane I use for many projects. It emulates the old "Table Top" rig.  You can scale it of course to suit.  But the neat thing is the amazing (and sometimes crazy) effects you can get with materials and lighting.  In the package, it's set with "Frosted Glass" on the top surface, and "Chrome" on the underside.  This is just to show what can be done, as any combination of materials and bumps can be used.  The environment has a huge impact on the look.

SolidWorks model also attached...

Maybe play with it a bit, and of course, it's for all of you to use!

Bill G

bdesign

Quote from: Speedster on July 28, 2016, 08:43:57 AM

...and of course, it's for all of you to use!

Bill G
Thanks for this, Bill!

Cheers,
Eric