Iconic Movie Character Art

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2016, 10:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hello guys,

As a part of decorating my apartment, I've rendered out three images with three different famous fictional characters' equipment. I hope you can spot them all. It shouldn't be that difficult though. Most of this is modeled in NX. The exception is the hats in image 2 & 3, which is downloaded from turbosquid.

They are to be printed at 50x50cm and hang over my sofa in the living room. Hope you guys like them.

Finema

Awesome Magnus ! i like it ! ! ;D ;D

but i haven't find the first one ? Crocodile Dundee ? Stevy Ray Vaughan ? dunno

bdesign

These are so awesome, Magnus! Very imaginative concepts and great renders. I'm guessing: Django Freeman, Raoul Duke, and Sherlock Holmes. Is the "fuzz" on the Django hat modeled, or done in post? Looks superb!

Eric

Esben Oxholm

Amazing concept and execution, Magnus!
Love the subtle matching backgrounds!

You could totally sell these as posters somewhere on the web if you ask me :)

/edit: Btw I'm also quite curious on how you made that fuzzy edge for the hat materials. I'm guessing post?

bdesign

+1 with Esben on the backgrounds, and I agree, these would totally sell online. You could create quite a large series with this concept :)

Eric

bdesign

Perhaps a very fine radius smudge brush in Photoshop used for the "fuzz"?

Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

Wow, a lot of feedback for these. Appreciate it, guys! I can say that the fuzz on the sherlock and the django picture are done post, by using a small "grass" brush and a gaussian blur.

Quote from: Finema on July 28, 2016, 10:22:17 AM
Awesome Magnus ! i like it ! ! ;D ;D

but i haven't find the first one ? Crocodile Dundee ? Stevy Ray Vaughan ? dunno
Cheers dude! Glad you did:) The last guy is Django, as stated by Eric here.

Quote from: bdesign on July 28, 2016, 10:30:04 AM
These are so awesome, Magnus! Very imaginative concepts and great renders. I'm guessing: Django Freeman, Raoul Duke, and Sherlock Holmes. Is the "fuzz" on the Django hat modeled, or done in post? Looks superb!
Thank you so much, Eric! You are quite right in all your guesses. Well done:)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on July 28, 2016, 10:30:46 AM
Amazing concept and execution, Magnus!
Love the subtle matching backgrounds!

You could totally sell these as posters somewhere on the web if you ask me :)

Quote from: bdesign on July 28, 2016, 10:37:23 AM
+1 with Esben on the backgrounds, and I agree, these would totally sell online. You could create quite a large series with this concept :)
I'm really glad you liked them, Esben! Means a lot.

We'll see if there's enough interest for these three, and who knows, maybe I'll make some more:)

Despot

Crazy, crazy good, +1 on Esben's comments, these are not so much renders as they are artwork... the Sherlock Holmes one is sublime, he is one of my favourite fictional characters from childhood, along with Judge Dredd...

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Despot on July 28, 2016, 12:19:47 PM
Crazy, crazy good, +1 on Esben's comments, these are not so much renders as they are artwork... the Sherlock Holmes one is sublime, he is one of my favourite fictional characters from childhood, along with Judge Dredd...

John, thank you! Highly appreciate your feedback, and I'm really glad you liked them. I think Django is my favorite of these three:)

NM-92

All of them are absolutely amazing ! Awesome work Magnus, you captured the essence of each character perfectly.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on July 28, 2016, 01:14:22 PM
All of them are absolutely amazing ! Awesome work Magnus, you captured the essence of each character perfectly.
I'm really glad you think so, Nicolas! Thank you!

TpwUK

Love the artistic approach to these Magnus, even if i can only guess one of them. Here's to seeing the Pink Panther & Peter Sellers

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on July 28, 2016, 02:53:41 PM
Love the artistic approach to these Magnus, even if i can only guess one of them. Here's to seeing the Pink Panther & Peter Sellers

Cheers Martin! Appreciate it! Oh yeah, a monocle guy would be perfect. Was thinking about the penguin as well. I guess they can be confused with each other with their bare essentials :)

NM-92

The invisible man would be quite an irony for this set   ;D

SebasDesign