Main Menu

Vintage music album

Started by Hossein Alfideh, July 30, 2016, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

heyy guys, 10000 days is a great album from Tool which I recommend to Rock/Metal lovers listen to it!
the album is not that old and was released in 2006 but I'd like to create a vintage look of it which is completely different from the original one.
hope you like it  :)

bdesign

Very cool, Hossein. Tool is a great band, and, being a drummer myself, I especially like Danny Carey. Have you checked out those overlay textures from poliigon.com? They're great (as well as the entire collection), and I think some smudges/fingerprints on the outside CD cover would really push this image. The crack in the plastic is a nice detail.

Cheers,
Eric

NM-92

Really really cool man ! As Eric said, one or two fingerprints on the cover would really bump this up.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: bdesign on July 30, 2016, 04:13:27 PM
Very cool, Hossein. Tool is a great band, and, being a drummer, I especially like Danny Carey. Have you checked out those overlay textures from poliigon.com? They're great (as well as the entire collection), and I think some smudges/fingerprints on the outside CD cover would really push this image. The crack in the plastic is a nice detail.

Cheers,
Eric
thank you Eric , I'm glad you liked it!
Good choice ,Tool really rocks their music and art is really something special. I've checked poliigon found some awesome textures but I dont know why when I used to make that sweat and fingerprints look on the cover the rendering time slows down way too much like I couldnt even rotate the camera!  :D
thats a bit weird cuz I did render heavier stuff on my pc before.anyways, I used keyshot's fingerprints without any problem and here we are ...
also I used a bit of DOF. thanks for the advise , I'm happy with the results!
cheers  :)

Quote from: NM-92 on July 30, 2016, 08:20:05 PM
Really really cool man ! As Eric said, one or two fingerprints on the cover would really bump this up.

thanks nico , I really appreciate it! I have attached the result , let me know what you think! :)

bdesign

Yes, definitely better! Personally, I would dirty it up even more in addition to the fingerprints. And...not to nit pick, but I would increase the scale of the fingerprints by approximately 1.75x to more closely match the relative scale of the CD case :)

Cheers,
Eric

NM-92

Yeah, much better. In addition to what Eric said, you lost a reflection on the lower part of the CD and i'm not sure why. The environment does not seem to have changed.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: bdesign on July 31, 2016, 04:06:38 AM
Not to nit pick, but I would increase the scale of the fingerprints by approximately 1.75x to more closely match the relative scale of the CD case :)

Cheers,
Eric
Yeah you're totally right, i'm on to fix that!  :)
Quote from: NM-92 on July 31, 2016, 05:35:58 AM
Yeah, much better. In addition to what Eric said, you lost a reflection on the lower part of the CD and i'm not sure why. The environment does not seem to have changed.
Damn right, I didnt notice that myself! That's abit weird cuz i didnt change any environment's settings but I'm thinking that's because of enabling DOF, the point of focus is on the center of the CD! But I have to make sure of that, thanks for reminding me that nico! :)

Hossein Alfideh

Here we go, scaled the fingerprints with a bit of dust but I didnt want to lose the album cover look and the odd thing is I lost the reflection of the cd even I didnt change any of environment or materials setting!
Still I like the result! :)

feher

Very nice !!! really like this. For me background is taking center stage over the case. Change background so the case becomes center of interest.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

NM-92

Maybe a subtle vignette helps to regain focus on the cover.

Josh3D

CDs might as well as be vintage nowadays! Looks cool man. Vignette would help it pop off the background a little.

Magnus Skogsfjord

This looks cool, Hossein! Not a tool fan myself, but I do like this image :)

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: feher on August 01, 2016, 04:20:12 AM
Very nice !!! really like this. For me background is taking center stage over the case. Change background so the case becomes center of interest.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim
Thank you tim, glad you like it :)
Quote from: NM-92 on August 01, 2016, 05:03:29 AM
Maybe a subtle vignette helps to regain focus on the cover.
Good idea nico! I have also got my CD reflection back!
Quote from: Josh Mings on August 01, 2016, 08:01:26 AM
CDs might as well as be vintage nowadays! Looks cool man. Vignette would help it pop off the background a little.
Yeah you're right But I think CD/DVDs are still common in selling music albums josh ;D
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on August 01, 2016, 01:46:59 PM
This looks cool, Hossein! Not a tool fan myself, but I do like this image :)
Thanks man I really appreciate it! :)

Will Gibbons

Might really help the overall contrast of the image to have a nice sharp reflection on the album cover using the half pin feature ;) Nice colors!

Despot

I like this render Hossein, very cool :)