Main Menu

Bmw Render

Started by sebbeL, August 09, 2016, 07:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbeL

A really fast Bmw render i did like 2 days ago. The car's shadow is hand made by me.
Keyshot, lightroom and photshop
Model i got from: Nils piirma
High-res: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/16yzX

Despot

It's a nice render and a lovely setting, but to me the car isn't grounded properly... I think maybe if you'd rendered an AO pass, so there was some shadow on the underneath of the car that the viewer can see, then that would look better. Just my humble...

sebbeL

Quote from: Despot on August 09, 2016, 08:14:04 AM
It's a nice render and a lovely setting, but to me the car isn't grounded properly... I think maybe if you'd rendered an AO pass, so there was some shadow on the underneath of the car that the viewer can see, then that would look better. Just my humble...
yeah but i don't know if shadow will be under the car becaus the sun is so low on the hdri so the the light comes in under the car :) that's what i got from watching the backpalte and stuff. and the shadow from the fence/bench is very streched so is the shadow under the car

bdesign

This is nice, but to my eye, the car doesn't look "grounded". I think the shadow needs to be darker, especially nearer the car (it seems to be doing almost the reverse of that currently),  and that it would have some less opaque areas caused by the windows. Also, it seems to be jutting out too far beyond the front right fender, and appears too elongated in general. Again, to my eye...

Eric

bdesign

Ha...John, we must have been typing at the same time  ;D

sebbeL

Quote from: bdesign on August 09, 2016, 08:19:53 AM
This is nice, but to my eye, the car doesn't look "grounded". I think the shadow needs to be darker, especially nearer the car (it seems to be doing almost the reverse of that currently),  and that it would have some less opaque areas caused by the windows. Also, it seems to be jutting out too far beyond the front right fender, and appears too elongated in general. Again, to my eye...

Eric
still i'm not sure about the shadows colour. i looked on the fence shadow at it seems like the shadow is the same all the way maybe fades just a tinny bit. and the car look's not grounded for me 2 but i don't know what i can do to make it grounded xd