Get a bumped surface by a label ?

Started by zooropa, August 01, 2016, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I want to clarify I am new with Keyshot.

I am trying to add a brand to a bottle. I am trying to use the "label" feature, but I can not get the bumped brand on the bottle.
I am also trying to test it as a "frosted" effect instead of a bump, and is not working either.

If I use the bump from the part instead than a label I get in troubles cause I need to change the Texture mapping type and I am already using it to get the gradient (translucency) on the bottle .

Hope I was clear, I am not sure.

Chad Holton

Hello,

Here's a sample you can reverse engineer, if you like. It may be easier than explaining. Notice the bump map is softer, it makes for a better bump map. Hope this helps.

Chad

zooropa

@Chad Holton

Thanks for the help. The "stage" of the scene that you sent to me is the same place whrere I got.
I need only the bump, not the diffuse. I actually need to bump with the same material bottle. When I disable the diffuse I get the whole model in black and the bump. The bump is too "weak" . I need to give a little more of intensity ( already tried to raise the height, but is pointless).
Another question is if I want to frost the brand instead of bump. Giving a different transparency effect.

Thanks a lot.
I

Finema

Hi
Why don't you add directly a bump cana in your blue frosted material?

zooropa

@Finema
Thanks a lot. The problem is my material already is using a texture (translucency gradient)  and I add the bump I need to modify the Mapping tool orientation. I believe is not possible to have 2 different settings in the same model right?

Correct me if I am wrong. I am new with the soft.

Thanks a lot

zooropa

Ok. I think I am getting closer. I applied the map as a bump map and mimic the main material.
Still the effect is alittle bit "toonish" and the intensity is really limited.

Chad Holton

If you're still using a label, you could try adjusting the roughness of the label material to make it look less toonish.

zooropa

Thanks Chad.

I am experimenting between that and the boolean from Rhino.
Do you think is possible to do a frosted effect on the label ? I am having a hard time achieving the effect.

zooropa

I am trying to get this effect on the brand at this moment ( need to do different alternatives) .
The bump I solved with the modelling.

Thanks a lot

NM-92

Hi zooropa. When you apply a label, a material is applied to that label. You can tweak that material's roughness and/or opacity to achieve the effect that you show on that photograph. Hope it helps !

Esben Oxholm

Hi zooropa.

If you are using KeyShot 6 you can easily add in several bump maps using the 'bump add'-node in the material graph.
See attached.

Let me know if it helps.

zooropa

Quote from: NM-92 on August 02, 2016, 06:20:33 PM
Hi zooropa. When you apply a label, a material is applied to that label. You can tweak that material's roughness and/or opacity to achieve the effect that you show on that photograph. Hope it helps !

Yes, that I do know, but I gues the label as a decal for example on the bottle and wanting a super shiny or a frosted contrast...is not bahaving as I was expecting. Probably because the label is still overlapping with the material at the same spot ?

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on August 02, 2016, 11:46:15 PM
Hi zooropa.

If you are using KeyShot 6 you can easily add in several bump maps using the 'bump add'-node in the material graph.
See attached.

Let me know if it helps.

@Esben Oxholm (Hi man great great great work that you do) . Regarding the tip, actually did help. I did know by your videos about the "add bump"
but I thought I could not control the position separately. Thanks it helped.

zooropa

Getting there.
Now I just need to do the "Imsdal" brand with the look of a shiny decal over my frosted bottle. I have tried with the label effects using kind of a shiny transparent material...but it is not happening. I will try to search a gallery in the forum where I can ask the user.

Thanks everyone