Upon Grouping, labels become misaligned

Started by sethcshort, August 04, 2016, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sethcshort

I'm working with some parts that have labels precisely applied. For organizational purposes I want to group these parts together in Keyshot. When I do, however, the labels shift all over the place, requiring re-application and alignment.

So, for now, since I can't afford to re-align several labels every time I group something, all my objects are left in the root of the Parts>Models list. This is fine when only a few parts are involved, but I'm dealing with between 20 and 300 parts in any given scene. As you can imagine, wading through this giant list is a painful way to work.

Is there a way for me to fix this issue?

Attached is an example -- although most of the time the misalignment is much more severe than this.

Chad Holton

When changing scene hierarchy, it can mess with your labels and textures. Did you turn off the notification when grouping parts?

sethcshort

I guess I must have turned off that warning a few months ago. Thanks for pointing that out. So I guess I group things "at my own risk", so to speak.

I'm not happy with that idea. I'm working on large projects where I'm integrating objects that I've already assembled and textured in Keyshot into larger scenes that contain large numbers of these objects. As it stands now, I have no choice but to either leave everything in the root of the hierarchy (on the order of 100+ objects in a giant list that I can't re-order) or bite the bullet and group them and then re-texture / re-label everything?

I sure hope they have a plan to fix this some time soon. I can't see us using this software for very much longer if we're not able to control object organization within the scene. Our projects are just going to get bigger... being able to group and re-order objects in the hierarchy is getting more and more important.