Help, weird artifact appear after setting Enviroment/Lighting

Started by mayquatmay, August 13, 2016, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayquatmay

Hello guys. Im having some weird line in my model after setting Enviroment/Background, as you can see in the attacment.
I dont know why, it also happen in real time viewport. I tried to use the default one (startup.hdr), it still appears.
Thank you for reading.

LayC42

Hmm, I can't see these weird lines. Maybe you can mark them in your screenshot?
Or you mean these procedural textures on the metal parts? The scale of the cell texture on the little metal sign is much too big (IMHO).

Perhaps you can watch some tutorials about texturing in the learning section.

Hope that helps.

bdesign

The thin lines, which look at first almost like a scratch texture, are the edges of your mesh tessellation. What modeling program are you using, and have you checked the mesh validity? Are you importing directly, or using a plug in to bring the model into KeyShot? Have you done any splitting of surfaces in the Geometry Editor?

Eric

mayquatmay

@Lay C42: i marked them in the second attachment. They are too many so i marked some of them.
@bdesign: Yeah those line that look like a scratched metal, they are the problem. Im using anodized rough metal mostly.  In the below post is what i want, same object and material, just dont have label.
Im using 3ds max, export as seperated object  to FBX into Keyshot. I dont think it cause the problem though.

mayquatmay

My model is cleaned like this 90% of the time while i worked on this scene. Then i tried to change some enviroment for final render, then scratched appeared. :(

LayC42

Quote from: mayquatmay on August 14, 2016, 12:41:57 AM
@Lay C42: i marked them in the second attachment. They are too many so i marked some of them.

What does this model look like if you deactivate the textures of these parts/materials?
Did you changed the scene units and forgot to scale the settings of materials with textures?