Tom Clancy's The Division "Caduceus" Assault Rifle

Started by SergioBL, August 11, 2016, 02:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioBL

I'm not much into weapons but lately I've been playing The Division, a shooter RPG videogame, a really good one!

Caduceus, is a "High End Named weapon", based on the FN SCAR L assault riffle with a very cool scheme colors.
So here is the render, hope you like it!

Comments are welcome! :)
Sergio Loza

nicordf

Hey Sergio! Sweet rendering!! The textures and overall look are just great! There's just one thing that could be revised I think,  and it's the barrels' metal material.(it sort of looks like metal paint instead of actual steel for me) Have you tried with a brushed anisotropic material

SergioBL

Thanks for your comment! The barrel is meant to be a kind of a used chrome but I will take your advice in mind and try to make another version! :)
Cheers!

Sergio

LayC42

o9p

I think the textures are looking really good. I did notice you have some floating geometry on the back of the model. The numbers on the retracting stock seem to be separate from the main body.

Quote from: nicordf on August 11, 2016, 03:11:19 PM
Hey Sergio! Sweet rendering!! The textures and overall look are just great! There's just one thing that could be revised I think,  and it's the barrels' metal material.(it sort of looks like metal paint instead of actual steel for me) Have you tried with a brushed anisotropic material
I would also agree with this. I think the barrel looks more aluminum than steel. Should be able to pull plenty of reference photos for a well known firearm like the SCAR to help you match that.

Keep up the good work.

Josh3D

Great detail! The serial number on the stock is floating just a bit though.