Furniture and interiors

Started by nicordf, August 16, 2016, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicordf

Hey guys, I want to share with you another two interiors I´ve made for my furniture designs.

They´re still taking a few hours to render, but I leave them overnight for both raw and occlusion pass and voila! The girlfriend thinks I´m obsessed haha.

Cheers!

NM-92

The wooden texture on the first one looks awesome, very realistic. The image is getting pretty noisy back there, maybe a bit less DoF helps ? If you render a depth pass you can fake the DoF in post production, check that out ! Maybe your render times get better doing it this way.

nicordf

Thanks Nico! Yeah I left it rendering back there for a while, but it seems that the depth pass is always better, Will give it another try!

NM-92

For me it's the other way around ! Applying the DoF within KS always gave me better results according to my scene, but it's good to know and try the alternate method. In some cases you can barely notice the difference and it seriously decrease render times. Good luck with that.

Despot

Very cool, but whilst I'm a huge fan of DOF,I do think you need to reign in it in on the first one, it's overly strong :)

nicordf

Quote from: Despot on August 16, 2016, 10:47:31 PM
Very cool, but whilst I'm a huge fan of DOF,I do think you need to reign in it in on the first one, it's overly strong :)

Thanks Despot!

I re-rendered it with a z pass for adding the DOF in post, and it looks better now! Thoughts?

fario

yes, now it's very good, bravo!

But how did we create this for depth of field?

Thank you

DriesV

The mood in that second image is so nice.
You can almost smell that it is a glorious, sunny day. 8)

Dries

nicordf

Quote from: Antoine on August 17, 2016, 12:30:44 AM
yes, now it's very good, bravo!

But how did we create this for depth of field?

Thank you

Thank Antoine! Just checked in the depth pass box on the render options, to create the DoF on post.

Quote from: DriesV on August 17, 2016, 12:51:24 AM
The mood in that second image is so nice.
You can almost smell that it is a glorious, sunny day. 8)

Dries

Thanks heaps Dries! yeah! It reminds me of one of those cool sunny days when there's just one sun ray on your bed/sofa/armchair/rug, perfect for an after-lunch Sunday nap! haha

Despot

QuoteI re-rendered it with a z pass for adding the DOF in post, and it looks better now! Thoughts?

It looks way better Nico, you've got some lovely wood there by the way... :)

NM-92

It looks great now. Good work !

fario

QuoteThank Antoine! Just checked in the depth pass box on the render options, to create the DoF on post.

Thank you :)

Josh3D

Juan_Martin

Wow! Loving that wood texture/shader !  :o

Awesome work!

Tempe