The ability to undock each tab from the Project Scene window or Library window

Started by monson67, August 19, 2016, 08:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

I am fortunate enough to have two 30-inch monitors for my computer at work, therefore screen real estate is not an issue for me. For example, when I'm working in Photoshop, an entire monitor is filled with all of the different toolbars that Photoshop offers.

If I could do the same in KeyShot (have the Scene, Material, Environment, Lighting, Camera and Image tabs all visible and accessible at any time by undocking them from the main Project window), I feel like it could dramatically improve productivity and workflow. And if there are some tabs you use less frequently, you could leave them docked to save screen-space.

Reducing the number of clicks to go back and forth between tabs while making edits is the obvious benefit, but just having the ability to see all of your scene's settings at once would improve "scene awareness" and decision-making.

I've added a couple mockups for clarification. The first shows all tabs undocked and visible. The second shows some undocked and some still docked.