Use Assembly Level Appearances

Started by phatty70, September 07, 2016, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatty70

Hello!

Its seems that "use assembly level appearances" is no longer an option when exporting from the "latest" (keyshot6_creo1_plugin.dll) plug in.  Images from the Keyshot 6 and Keyshot 5 interface below.

This was a terrific feature when using assembly cuts to show a complete cross section of a product.  Will this feature return?

Chad Holton

Hi Phatty,

This is on by default now and no option to turn off (would need to suppress before sending over to KeyShot). Just to confirm, I did a quick test and assembly cuts are coming through for me.

Chad

phatty70

Hi Chad,

Cuts come through - but colors applied to surfaces (of those cuts) do not.  I thought for certain this worked before but after a quick test using the old plugin it seems that colors don't come through (I would have wagered 5 bucks that this worked!).

Are colors applied at the assembly level "supposed" to come into keyshot?

Chad Holton

I'll do some investigating but I was thinking that assembly colors (including coloring the cuts) will work with Creo 3 but not Creo 2 and earlier. I'll let you know what I find out. Are you using Creo 1 or 2?

Chad Holton

Okay - did some digging around and confirmed that we only support assembly colors with Creo 3.

phatty70

Currently on Creo2 - looking forward to getting my paws on Creo3 for this feature alone!

Thanks Chad!

guest84672

Or wait for Creo 4 which will be released in November.

phatty70

That would be even better - but we're ALWAYS at least one release behind.  Too many integrated system to test before rollout !

timeless

With Keyshot 5 and the Keyshot 5 Plugin for Creo 2.0 the option Use Assembly Level Appearances supported assembly colors.
Only the new Keyshot 6 Plugin for Creo 2.0 doesn't support assembly colors.
Can you reactivate the support for assembly colors in an future release of the Keyshot 6 Plugin for Creo 2.0?

guest84672

We are looking into an update for the plugins. The API for Creo 1&2 doesn't support assembly colors. With the Creo 3 plugin it will use assembly colors when they are present. We will expose this as an option again.

timeless

Sounds great, thank your for your reply.
When will the update be available?

guest84672

guest84672

A new plugin for Creo 3 has been made available. Please download it here: www.keyshot.com/plugins