how to render cloth with black color and texture and remove weird shadow.....

Started by jhon, September 08, 2016, 07:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhon

hi
i am stuck with black color in keyshot rendering....
when ever i try to render with black color i got problems like weird shadow.. not correct color....etc
any suggestion ..
i am attaching a image so you can understand what i am talking about...........
i am attaching two images one on which i am working and the other one i want to make...........

bdesign

The first thing I'd advise is to never use pure black (0%) or pure white (100%) in a render, whether it be for materials, lights, background color, or anything else (with a few exceptions, such as when rendering a shadow pass, for instance); these values don't exist in reality. For black, try using 5-10%. For white, use about 80-84%, and never go above 90%. The weird "shadows" you point out appear to me to be the legs self-reflecting on each other, as your material looks too smooth, glossy, and reflective for what you're trying to replicate; add a low value of Roughness and decrease the Specular value a bit.

Eric

NM-92

Hello Jhon. Have you tried the Hard Rough Plastic material ? Your target image doesn't appear to have any texture applied , so you can achieve that with a plastic. I'd suggest modeling the stitches for best results.

jhon

Thank You Very Much for your instant kind reply..
..i followed your suggestion and put the value of black and white to 15 and 88 respectively.. and also put the hard plastic material ....
the result is good but not very well..
it is not shinny like that picture i attached before.....
one more thing can you tell me how to make stitch on this like that picture...
waiting for more suggestion to improve my cloth model..........
thank you....

bdesign

Hey jhon-

Definitely looking better! It appears that you are using the default startup HDRI environment, which produces very soft, diffuse lighting. To get the "sheen" on the material, you need more defined light and reflections. Experiment with some different HDRIs that have more definition and contrast, and rotate them to various positions until you find the "sweet spot". Also, you might want to try the Anisotropic material and see if that gives you more of the "sheen" look. Keep us posted with your progress...

Cheers,
Eric

guest84672

even a slight increase in roughness, setting the specular color to white and then playing with the Refraction Index may be a good way of getting the sheen on those tights.

As far as the stitching goes - of course they are best done if you actually model them. What program are you using to model the tights?

jhon

Thank You Very Much Once Again......
Your Suggestions are really helping  me...
i got much improve here is my improve image....
suggest me more to accomplished that picture result..
you asked which software i am using for cloth modeling?
well i am using marvelous designer.and i am also can use ....3dsmax
so tell me how to make stitch for my model just like that picture...
Thank You Very Much...

guest84672

The best way to do this is to actually model the stitching. Is that possible?

jhon

i don't have any idea how to do that.
can you help me please........
but i know how to use 3ds max software very well..

NM-92

Then you can import your marvelous model into 3ds max. Model one stitch and make a pattern along a curve repeating that stitch. I don't use 3ds max so i don't know if this is the exact method to do this, but every 3D software can make patterns along a curve, so check that out.

jhon

thanks for your suggestion...
if you know any software in which how to  model stitch  and attach to my model cloth...
describe it.. and show me how to do that...
don't worry about software i can use others 3d software too.