'Diesel DNA' Diesel bike Concept Art

Started by Hellboy1991, September 09, 2016, 06:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellboy1991

My explorations in designing an extreme off-road chopper bike concept with CAT Diesel DNA with styling cues from CAT heavy machinery -

Brand Inspiration : CAT (Diesel engines, Heavy machinery, Construction equipment)
Keywords : Heavy, Brutal, Diesel, Extreme

A motorcycle designed with its heart and soul in a  diesel engine. CAT (Caterpillar), no less. The big yellow machines they make offer the perfect inspiration for an extreme, unique concept built around a Diesel engine. What would a diesel bike look like? What would the aesthetic convey? Why should'nt this be possible? I'd love to offer a few answers with this aesthetic/mechanical (techno-artistic) exploration of the identity of a near-future diesel motorcycle.

The styling cues, i must confess, do indeed come from bulldozers, earth-movers, excavators and the like. The end result, however, is a satisfying melange of bad-assery packaged in a fast, aggressive form. You would love to ride those wheels.

At the same time, you Would'nt! ;)

Full Project link : https://www.behance.net/gallery/42588905/Motorcycle-with-CAT-Diesel-DNA-Why-not

TpwUK

Ha how coincidental that i watched a video on youtube a few days ago about this very style of bike ... The black clouds left behind were impressive to say the least - lol

Great to see you post again Hellboy and to see your modelling progress to this kind of level - well done buddy!

Martin

Hellboy1991

Thankss Martin :) !!!
I'm a huge fan of all things Diesel :) !!
Means a lot!

Hellboy1991

And do post a link to the video as well, would love to watch that :) !

Hellboy1991

Speedster

I REALLY like your concept!  Caterpillar should commission one of the "bike build" reality shows to bring it to reality. It would be a big hit at shows.

I'd love to see a version in traditional "CAT Yellow" and black.  The green is too close to John Deere, and the beige just doesn't carry the CAT branding.

Good job, and keep them coming!

Bill G

Will Gibbons

Interesting. I think the tan color works much better for some reason. My only critiques/thoughts are that the seat, while stylishly seen on cafe racers and bobbers, looks too slimmed down and uncomfortable for a ride like this. As for the rendering, it would be great to see more metal-like materials coming through and some textures/grime/scratches/wear.

Cool model indeed.

Hellboy1991

Thanks Will. I agree about the seat; there's more that can be done here. I'll work on a variant of that seat. 
I also agree about the color - i love the 'desert storm' paint job better too.
Regarding the lack of shine, it was intentional as this 'version' was for the military; i have attached a few more renders to show off some shine.
I'm also working on a more realistic scratchy,grimy render.
It also has a 'Sport' Edition :) .

Hellboy1991

Speedster, I'll do one in the traditional CAT livery soon. Thank you lots :D !

Speedster

The tire rims on the last shot are very close to the CAT yellow- you can see how the form would carry when the frame matches.  Also, may I suggest a bit more work on the tires?  A tad more sheen (specular) and some really careful tweaking of the black.  Tires are very responsive to the HDR, so it will take a bit of experimenting.

Understood about the military concept.  Camo would be great!  Just don't add a sidecar!

Bill G

Hellboy1991

Thanks, Speedster.. :) I'll try that soon fr sure :) !

TpwUK

Hellboy1991

Thanks, Martin :) .. Cool bike concept indeed!

TpwUK