Future Shock Animation for Specialized Launch

Started by imikej, September 09, 2016, 05:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

We teamed up with Tim Feher again to see if we could push the envelop of KS 6 and do a cool video for the launch of the 2017 Specialized Roubaix bike.  The trick was showing, rather than telling, how this new Future Shock works.  https://vimeo.com/182172800

puyopuyo

Looking great! The effect with the disappearing material is awesome. I have to try that for an exploded view of a product one day.

x11d

this is great .... congrats! Thanks for sharing the result.

I am really interested how you realized the disappearing surface in the cutaway!?
Did you have many different steerer tubes which you are toggling off by changing the transparency and finally hiding them?
Also I am super curious how you realized the protecting rubber piece and the spring who are being compressed and decompressed.

Stephan

imikej

Quote from: x11d on September 12, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
this is great .... congrats! Thanks for sharing the result.

I am really interested how you realized the disappearing surface in the cutaway!?
Did you have many different steerer tubes which you are toggling off by changing the transparency and finally hiding them?
Also I am super curious how you realized the protecting rubber piece and the spring who are being compressed and decompressed.

So, your question about the rubber deformation.  The answer is these deformation animations were done in Maya (by Tim Feher) and then imported back into KS6.  With regard to the question about how we do the peel back.  We should do a video, cuz it's slightly complicated.  Happy to discuss offline.

Stephan

bdesign

Esben Oxholm

Mac Model

Very Nice. 

If this was all done in keyshot.  I'd like to see tutorials on the spring compression, unwrap feature and also looked like there was some flexing going on as well.

kerembyl

I would like to know about flexing animation too.