UV coordinate texture mapping results in no texture at all

Started by Lightning, September 05, 2016, 04:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

Hello everyone, I have brought this into Keyshot via the Zbrush Bridge. I tried applying texture maps, but when i select the UV Coordinate mapping method the textures just vanish into nothingness. This model has clean UVs in Zbrush. A little desperate here. I hope you can access the model with maps and i would be delighted if anyone could give some insight into this riddle. Thank you,

Marius

edit: i am uploading the ksp into dropbox right now. will attach when upload is done

Daf57

Hi,

I had the same issue.  https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=11904

It's a bug in the Zbrush bridge but neither Keyshot or Pixologic showed any interest  in addressing it. I don't use Keyshot much anymore due to this.

One thing you might try is while still in ZBrush - go to textures and remove the current texture - then use the bridge. I had some luck (hit or miss) applying the textures with UV projection in KS at that point. It's almost like the model is coming from ZBrush with a texture mask or something. The texture is being applied but it's covered up. Not sure what's going on to be honest. Just became easier to export the model from ZBrush into another renderer.

Good luck!
Daf

guest84672

Posting the same response that I had posted before by Joseph Drust at Pixologic.

Doesn't appear that anything is broken on either end :) The workflow is still the same for transferring UVs. 

Here is the video on the process in ZClassroom:
https://pixologic.com/zclassroom/lesson/zbridge-uv-transfer

I just double checked it in Keyshot 6.2.105; it all works fine. You just need to make sure the model you are sending from ZBrush has UV coordinates and has any texture map applied in the texture slot. After the model sends to Keyshot edit the material, go to textures, switch the Mapping type to UV Coordinates then link the desired texture.  Mapping should line up without any flipping etc..

If you think this needs to change or is not working correctly please contact the support at Pixologic.

I hope this helps.

Thomas