Zbrush to Keyshot scene size problem

Started by siumaiii, September 13, 2016, 12:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siumaiii

Hey guys, does the keyshot file size relate to how big the objects are on scene?
So basically I have a scene from ZBrush (a jungle kinda scene with lots of roots and tree subtools - around 50 subtools) which is done in 1:10 to real world scale. The scene is around 13 Million polygons (not too big in ZBrush standards I think). But I'm having problems bridging it over to Keyshot.. It takes a long time and the Keyshot file with this scene ends up being over 7gigs big which doesn't seem normal to me. It's my first time dealing with a full environment in ZBrush and Keyshot, so I'm not sure if I should be scaling things down first or what.
Thanks in advance!

guest84672

The file size mainly relates to the number of polygons in the KeyShot scene. What version of KeyShot are you using? Are you using fiber mesh in ZBrush?

You may also contact Pixologic support for best practices in that regard.

siumaiii

thats weird then.. 13Mil polygons for a zbrush model isn't too bad in my experience. I've always been doing characters and weapons that have much higher polygon count. The only difference this time is the scale of the model being physically large since is a 1:10 scale of a environment that is 60m x 30m x 50m.
There is fiber mesh but only very little of it.
Would surface noise cause the file size to be this huge? I have noise across a lot of subtools

guest84672

Hit H and see what the polygon count is inside of KeyShot. And as suggested, please contact the support at Pixologic.